Computer keeps freezing?

orangecat

My computer keeps crashing but there is no BSOD it just locks up and I have to reset my PC. I don't know what is causing it but my Pc was overclocked to 4.4Ghz and it froze so i set all my settings back to stock settings and its still doing it. The freeze happens after I have been using my PC for an hour or more. i went on vacation and when i left my Pc worked fine and when i got back it suddenly had this issue. Any ideas?

PS: I did not update my drivers or anything since i left for my vacation I just downloaded some steam games.

Maybe a problem with your cooler?

CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 4.2GHz Quad-Core    CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid     Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150   Memory Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600     Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" SSD     Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM    Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB   Case Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower   Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V  Optical Drive none Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate

You checked the temps?

CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 4.2GHz Quad-Core    CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid     Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150   Memory Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600     Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" SSD     Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM    Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB   Case Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower   Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V  Optical Drive none Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate

you may have bricked your memory or cpu,run prime and for at least 24 hours and make sure there aren't any faults. after that update all drivers and bios, make sure windows is updated fully

Freezes are caused by alot of different things from my experience,sometimes the Power supply causes it, faulty Memory(RAM), HDDs, Overheating(excessive dust inside the case) Blown capacitor(s) on the motherboard and even a bad cpu in some cases.

bad+capacitor+LCD.jpg30328_4lo.jpg

These two pictures are examples of blown capacitors on the Motherboard which can cause freezing also. If they have bulges like those in the pictures and or substance leaking from them then you have a bad capacitor.

There's some stress test out there that will test your memory,cpu, and hdd and also your GPU, i know a free one called Heavyload, its pretty good.

http://www.jam-software.com/heavyload/

"You are who you choose to be.....Choose"

See my Profile for my 

My computer keeps crashing but there is no BSOD it just locks up and I have to reset my PC. I don't know what is causing it but my Pc was overclocked to 4.4Ghz and it froze so i set all my settings back to stock settings and its still doing it. The freeze happens after I have been using my PC for an hour or more. i went on vacation and when i left my Pc worked fine and when i got back it suddenly had this issue. Any ideas?

PS: I did not update my drivers or anything since i left for my vacation I just downloaded some steam games.

I had a problem with freezing a while back on my girlfriend's desktop. Turns out it was static caused by her rig being right on the carpet. We put a wooden slab under the case, hit the PSU switch once and bam, no more freezes!

Static is an underrated danger.

I had a problem with freezing a while back on my girlfriend's desktop. Turns out it was static caused by her rig being right on the carpet. We put a wooden slab under the case, hit the PSU switch once and bam, no more freezes!

Static is an underrated danger.

I will move my PC from the carpet to a table and see if this fixes it also GTA IV keeps crashing I don't know if that has to do with static or not but I would assume it wouldn't affect it at all.