Not sure what Video Editing Software to get?

I have had enough with Magix, it keeps crashing after they messed with it. I am willing to spend around 100 Euros for a working Video Editing Program. Adobe would be nice, but 24 Euros per month isn't for what I am doing.

(The other post was in the wrong section)

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Sony's Vegas programs are a great video editing solution. The Pro edition is $600 USD, which is over 6 times your budget.

I would then recommend looking into the Movie Studio 13 Platinum and Movie Studio 13 variants. They obviously lack the features that the Pro edition has, but it is at a much lower price. Don't expect too much from these. Although it might be against your morals, consider the 'free' option.

Sony's Vegas programs are a great video editing solution. The Pro edition is $600 USD, which is over 6 times your budget.

I would then recommend looking into the Movie Studio 13 Platinum and Movie Studio 13 variants. They obviously lack the features that the Pro edition has, but it is at a much lower price. Don't expect too much from these. Although it might be against your morals, consider the 'free' option.

Just got a Demo Version of Sony Studio Platinum. It is much cleaner, less lag and feels like it runs smoother. Thanks, I will really consider that option.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Sony Vegas is the best option in that price range. Everything else is considerably more expensive.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Yeah sonys video software is really good

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Davinci Resolve 11 lite it's free and very powerful

Sony Vegas is about the only one in that price range, but if you like editing try to get Adobe.

Davinci resolve can be a consideration here. They have a free version which I think can be very good.

I want to build a rig, but I'm not a gamer.   :mellow:

I have Sony Vegas and find it fairly straight forward to use.  And as others have already mentioned, Davinci Resolve Lite is free and is another option that you should consider.  One thing to remember,if you are currently in school (University or College) you may qualify for an educational discount.  It doesn't hurt to check.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

i thought that was only for color work?

You can do a surprising amount of editing work inside it. Perhaps not to the point of Premiere/vegas, but still not bad.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

i thought that was only for color work?

They added a full NLE

Is there a safe way to get sony vegas free?

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Is there a safe way to get sony vegas free?

torrent ..and verify the MD5

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

torrent ..and verify the MD5

is there any reliable guides?

is there any reliable guides?

yes..but im not gonna say them here...go google

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

yes..but im not gonna say them here...go google

do you mind pm'ing them? If not its ok.

BTW, I am back to Magix. It was my PCs fault, or Gigabytes. They got a bad driver on their website for the Killer NIC. Got one of the Killer website and everything is fine now.

Thanks to everyone for posting suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Resolve is more of a colour grading program than a editor.

No it's both

No it's both

It's a pretty godawful NLE though. Maybe 12 will fix it up a bit, but it is probably my most hated piece of software installed on my computer right now. Is so poorly made on Windows (unsure on Mac) it leave Speedgrade the only viable option.

My vote is with Premiere. Not necessarily because it is the best editor, but the skills you learn are transferable - from timeline editing in Premier you can easily move to special effects in After Effects, color grading in Speedgrade and even animation in Flash. Likewise you can transfer skills you may already have in Photoshop. 

It's a pretty godawful NLE though.

Can't agree it's pretty good.