1111_camelbak_blue_l.jpg

something like this, with hoses on both ends, a pump and a radiator in the fridge would probably do nearly the same thing

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

This is a very interesting project. It cool the see the things that you can do with tech that is not strait of the shelf. I must admit its sounds a little crazy ;/

Looks like Linus had some fun with that video.  ;)  Sure you got better performance but I would't waste my time water cooling a duel core machine.  

That said I DO wish Apple sold this at the price of the 11" Air

and if it had two usb C ports or a charger port. (although both would be nice) 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

So the idea came to me while I was watching the video; could you test the new macbook with a laptop cooler? I know they generally don't move that much air but could that possibly lessen the throttling? I remember lending someone who was using an old macbook pro (2013) my laptop cooler while they were editing a video and remembering the fans were about half the speed that they were running at (hopefully because of increased cooling). Just an idea, hoping you guys still have the cooler master one from the psa video a while ago.

My system- I7 3770k (4.8ghz), Asus Maximus V Extreme, Corsair H110, Windows 8 Pro, Gigabyte HD 7970, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w, Corsair H110, Corsair Vengance 2X8gb 1866 (OC2133), Samsung 840 500gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, and all housed in a NZXT Switch 810.

Hey guys, I wanna see a part 2 to this, but with a few changes.

First, create a custom loop that Linus was talking about. Have tubing flow in and out of the cookie pan, and there would be a pump and rads to cool the liquid.

Second, how they "waterproofed" the macbook. I had another idea of how to do this. Instead of trying to cover all the ports, why don't they try to line the bottom with some sort of plastic wrap? Something that won't tear, and can transfer heat well enough. To wrap the plastic wrap on the underneath and to the sides covering all the ports.

Just my thought, please think about it

Edit: if the plastic wrap isn't a good idea, you could try using one or more CPU water block(s) to try to extract the heat from the hot spots

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

and if it had two usb C ports or a charger port. (although both would be nice) 

not really fussed about the IO tbh

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Strap a TEC device to the back of that puppy and get her subzero  ;)

not really fussed about the IO tbh

It's not a horrible thing for what it is. Which is a fancy tablet without a touch screen, and with a keyboard.

A very expensive, but functional tablet.

It's not a horrible thing for what it is. Which is a fancy tablet without a touch screen, and with a keyboard.

A very expensive, but functional tablet.

Minus the useful touchscreen ;)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Minus the useful touchscreen ;)

meh im not a fan of touchscreen interfaces, its slick enough on the iPad but honestly the macbook trackpad is just like having a touch screen

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Next should do it using a block of ice made from that tray.

• 3 weeks later...

Not surprised. Apple has designed the entire frame of the MacBook to act as a massive heatsink to evenly dissipate heat.

• 8 months later...

That settles it...time to run the Macbook in mineral oil.