Project Blood Bath 5960x Triple SLI Titan X 128gb RAM Hard Tube Watercooling *COMPLETE?*

gateoo

how are you affording this, this is super expensive!!!! 

Same question...

Processor : i7-6700k (stock speed)

Cooler : Hyper 212X

Motherboard: MSI Krait Gaming Z170

RAM : 4x4gb LPX Memory

Boot Device : Samsung 860 EVO

GPU : ZOTAC 1070 Extreme

PSU :Antec HCG-620M

A black and red color scheme??!!? You truly ARE getting a new build lol. 

(referring to the green)

Man, with a computer like that, the PC should be up on the desk and not on the floor. Bu so far im liking the new build so far. Just don't put the new PC on the floor. It deserves better

"Progress" Update

Got tired of waiting for the new BIOS so I decided to mod my water blocks in the mean time.

First up is the R5E Monoblock.

qKupSsr.jpg
JT03O3c.jpg
QpiCyip.jpg
uHBdZKu.jpg
PF9MKTp.jpg
tkyJivG.jpg
Nfr13ZD.jpg
GJXQZJi.jpg

What I originally planned for all my water blocks is to tear them apart and vinyl wrap the silver parts black so they match the build more. (I saw someone else do it somewhere but I forgot who...)

So I took off the South Bridge piece apart first...
7DQu3iw.jpg
Everything went smoothly so I began to wrap...
RnRbMWL.jpg
After almost 2 hours of struggling it turned out great, but then it all went down hill from there.
9cVkqCQ.jpgThis 1 and only screw would not hold on to the allen key and ended up getting stripped. :(
rEAFKYB.jpgSo thanks to this little guy right here holding the plexi glass, there was no way for me to wrap the block, so I ended up ripping the wrap off the previous part and returned the block to how it was originally.

So after about 6 hours of work, I'm back to square one, trying to think of some other way to black out the water block while retaining the to be red water channels. Maybe dark window tint? wrap the plexi instead? Open to suggestions:unsure:

That's all for my progress, or lack thereof. At least you get pictures... :ph34r:

Same question...

Moved into a new house so I'm doing some "upgrades" to it ;)

A black and red color scheme??!!? You truly ARE getting a new build lol. 

(referring to the green)

yup, although I like green, there isn't many green components, and I'm too much of an amateur to try painting them green, so I just went with the motherboard's color. Since Razer is going from green to all chroma I can basically get all their stuff in red now, so no complaints here.

Man, with a computer like that, the PC should be up on the desk and not on the floor. Bu so far im liking the new build so far. Just don't put the new PC on the floor. It deserves better

Yes, this one is definitely going on top of the table, not because it deserves more but because its so tall it won't fit under haha :lol:

@gateoo When do you thing asus will have the new bios ready?

Any day now... I hope... :unsure:

Will be interesting to see if you'll be able to use 128GB. I know there have been some anecdotal reports of it working but nothing I've seen as concrete evidence. Seems like it's a CPU limitation with Intel stating a pretty solid 64GB limit on their whitepapers but who knows. I know first hand that in the case of Xeon's that it's not a MB top limit but is a hard address limit on the CPU side. Perhaps it's different with the i7's

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

Awesome build btw

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

• 1 month later...

Progress Update

This Project has been named Blood Bath

Finally got back from a month long vacation in China, and Asus finally released their 128gb ram compatible BIOS, also all my parts have arrived!

First here are some beautiful boxes lol

Z7Y3eeV.jpgYea there's four, the one in the back isn't a Superclocked version, bought it on accident oops... (its for sale btw)

bgOdjYG.jpg

Damn this box is HUGE.

4lKF50V.jpg

Nice looking bridge.

Sound Blaster ZXR Opening

gegHVTJ.jpg

xQqQEQ3.jpgXKDt8Tf.jpgZb7ei6p.jpg

Zm0tpAN.jpg

Hyper Kit Opening (why is the box so big anyways...)

vLqPkN0.jpgdngvrDL.jpg8HZU6pi.jpg

daR34NJ.jpg

Intel 750 Series Opening

0hOiNA5.jpghSK2xY5K.jpgt4xmovL.jpg

I flashed the newest BIOS, Inserted one Titan, plugged it into the ROG Swift and turned the system on...

B5OWclD.jpg

Holy shit it lit up!

gXUt31S.jpgSo I inserted some more titans B) 

DnRjQ6y.jpgGot into the BIOS with everything plugged in! The stock XMP profile at 2400 also worked(forgot to take pic)!

YSh4LjQ.jpg

Then I realized how ghetto my test bench looks so I decided to assemble the Caselabs motherboard tray for now and migrate my test bench over.

jHiDxVw.jpg

Everything finally moved off the cardboard box and onto a proper test bench! :D

1KNLlpC.jpg

Looks so nice from this angle :wub: 

71SzKwm.jpgSeems to fit okay although they are kinda squished together... Hope it ends up okay :unsure: 

That's all my progress for today, will be updating much more frequently these few days as I got nothing else better to do, so stay tuned ;)

what is the Hyper Kit, why it is in such a large box, while the stuff is as large as a pendrive ? :D

what is the Hyper Kit, why it is in such a large box, while the stuff is as large as a pendrive ? :D

Its a m.2 to mini SAS HD adapter, so that I can use my intel 750 ssd without taking up an actual PCI lane.

Why the box is that big is exactly my question :rolleyes:

Mini Progress Update

Time to install Windows 10 Pro and all the drivers and do some benchmarks to make sure everything is working.

pJx3rle.jpg
Booted into the boot drive just fine.

3dkOSw4.jpgCould not detect the Intel 750 SSD for the life of me, wasted almost 3 hours trying to figure out what the problem was, apparently either the m.2 slot on the R5E or the Asus Hyper Kit was made really loose, even with the Hyper Kit screwed in, the board still won't detect the drive, I had to push it in really hard then screw it in while holding it there... Now with that out of the way...

U2GfFLp.jpgI finally got windows installed... didn't take long at all LOL

e5WfJ9o.jpg

Pic of the system at idle. Installed all the drivers and ran some benchmarks, almost got into the top 100 on 3dmark's leaderboards with about a 2k score difference, will definitely get in there with some overclocks. Also, dat SSD.

T48pDXH.jpgDid a slight stress test to see what temperatures I would get in this SLI config with the stock cooler and default settings. Temperatures weren't ideal at all, with the first card being the hottest and hitting the temperature target and throttling hard. Watercooling the Titan's is a definite must for a 3 way SLI config.

So that's it for now, next update will be assembling and putting everything into the case. Stay tuned for more beautiful pics.

• 1 month later...

Phase 1 complete!

First off, I'm sorry for slacking on these progress updates, a friend of mine pulled me back into old school runescape and you know how it is with nostalgia...

So I am finally done with phase one of building. All components have been tested and their placement has all been figured out, trying to find room for all these radiators was a huge PITA. The ROG OC panel was also difficult to make it look nice but I think I have the right idea going for it. Enough talking on with the pics.

acTw3ie.jpg
Mounting all 4 of the SSDs in the back.

SKiEk5r.jpgk69IfoA.jpgC4Vk8Ck.jpgbswjVj7.jpgY7kfMHq.jpgHVuYgrg.jpgtrdSKY2.jpgZCtwyHD.jpgd8Ulj6R.jpgHDD photo bomb!

3GYWw61.jpg
Testing the top and front radiator spacing with the OC panel and ended up like this.

tiTIUI4.jpg
Put in the bottom rads to test the front radiator's clearance and it barely made it thank god. (The rest of the radiator fans weren't here while I took this picture)

WU3Wy9X.jpg
Realized I can move the entire front components down a few more slots to make room for another intake fan, so it ends up like this. Just imagine the rads being there...

g0UZRr0.jpg
Oh yea, cable mod cables also came, and they are pretty quality cables.

1TKEvlF.jpgNip5GFX.jpg0Y18wZt.jpg

3I9WWwd.jpg
Since I have no where to put the 750 ssd, I will mount it right like it is right now, on top of the OC panel so there's an intake fan directly blowing on it to cool it down because I have noticed it getting quite hot.

jNq7Xxr.png
Also I'm planning to cut up some vinyl with a plotter to customize the look of the intel SSD to something like this (imagine the white part being dark gray). Please give me some suggestions for this if possible.

uX9idws.jpg
Oh and if you have noticed, the rads are missing because they're right here waiting to be flushed out.

uubkCHI.jpg
My flushing set up with a water filter, tubing and a bucket.

BtNKF3B.jpg
Oh and the 20 dollar pond pump.

Now I'm off to take apart everything and put on the ek water blocks. Stay tuned, hopefully SoonTM.

definitely following this post, this system is absolutely amazing

• 1 month later...

Any word of an update?

Finally able to get back to building this, putting on water blocks right now, a progress update will definitely happen this weekend, expect the entire thing to be done when ASUS' new 4K G-sync screen arrives. :)

Finally Starting Phase 2!

Not so busy with school work anymore so I can finally restart this project and get to water cooling the system. Sad to watch over 10k worth of parts just sitting next to me doing nothing but collect dust.

2ZpzTmY.jpg
pWOOTKD.jpg
GCkPRQh.jpg
AZMsGPd.jpg
zg2X8B6.jpg
v4BnDjX.jpg

qQHXh2I.jpg
ci4dmx3.jpg
P6K51sa.jpg
XOPSVOf.jpg

I decide to do do my titans first since they are in the easier loop all by themselves. Here's some pictures of the Titan X getting doctored.

UaTW1cC.jpgStock HSF taken off, took me an hour trying to figure out why it won't come off when I pull it. Found out that I forgot to take off 1 screw, even after I checked it more then 10 times... Time to clean everything up.

V3zsopk.jpg
All cleaned up looking nice and shiny.

J3BrPhk.jpg
Put on the new thermal pads and spreaded some Gelid GC-Extreme thermal compound. Life is pretty hard for a slightly OCD person...

BbduQ14.jpgPut on the water block, flipped it over and on to installing the back plate. (More thermal pads...)

SL4gZ7O.jpgAll done! That sexy red tho...

Pg2GNl2.jpgAnd the other side of course...

WS3BDba.jpgRepeat x 3, put on some of those low profile Bitspower fittings and pre-cut crystal link tubing and bam, SEXY AF.

That's all my progress for this weekend, gonna do some leak testing on these crystal link tubing because I feel like they aren't going all the way in/not long enough. Next update will definitely be within a week when I get a drill bit and a funnel.

Stay tuned for more!

• 4 weeks later...

Moving on to the Motherboard Block!

Don't have a lot of pics this time, was too focused on not damaging the board...

Remember when I was trying to wrap the Mono Block with black vinyl and a screw got stripped? So I had to think of an alternative way to "black-out" the block. So I called up a friend who has a plotter at home to help me cut out some vinyl. It turned out great in the end!

Unboxing for the R5E monoblock was already done before so no unboxing this time!

So I started off buying Adobe Illustrator since the plotter uses .ai files, then I scanned my monoblock and ram block face down on a scanner...

nmCDKxT.jpgiuQnNia.jpgThey came out like this...

1HSCpl8.png

Then I drew this on top of the scanned picture with Adobe Illustrator, this was later cut onto a matte black vinyl.

wA3YmL9.jpgWhile waiting for my friend to bring me the vinyl, I began taking apart the motherboard (sorry no pics). All these were taken off the board. As you can see, I had to twist the heat pipe off, I have tried all kinds of things to take it off without damaging for like a week, acetone, liquid wrench, heating it, freezing it, drilling, hammering, etc. Apparently super glue 2stronk. I ended up using some pliers and just twisted the heat pipe off along with my 3 year warranty LOL

StvC4Ur.jpgAnd finally here's is the monoblock attached to the motherboard in all its glory. I think it came out looking very nice.

RIu38Td.jpg

On to the most stressful part of the build... destroying the warranty on my 1800 dollar memory sticks (which are worth less than 1k now apparently)

Stay tuned to see if I threw $1800 down the drain!

This build is too expensive for me to look at, could only afford the first few pixels in each pic... :(

sick pc, only wish I could afford it :P

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

red, i didn't order red................ you should have watched barnacules video on W10 instalation.