Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

are you going to be using the forum for your live stream questions?

Forum looks pretty awesome guys! Can't wait it to be perfected and grow into one of the biggest tech forums!

Great to see the forum up and running, I hereby promise to never complain or whine about the speed of the forum, or the inherent bugs if vbulliten5. I will also consistently strive to make this forum an enjoyable experience for everybody involved.

Also, not sure if real Linus or just a troll already.

Great job Linus, Slick and Diesel! Are you going to use the forum for the Q&A in the livestream? You can make polls and commentate on the results for example..

Thanks Linus for all the amazing videos and your insane work ethic... 50+ hours a week at NCIX, videos almost daily, answering fans on Twitter, and a whole family to support and now a forum, I don't know how you do it.

I'd also like to give a thanks to Slick for his sub-par camera work but your programming and technical expertise makes up for that :3, to Ivan and Brian for bringing us beast mode NCIX PCs, to Esther for bringing us awesome PR videos, and to Yvonne for allowing Linus to remodel the kitchen, living room, misc room, and garage into recording studios, past and present.

Lastly, a thanks to Rumble and Rocket for deteriorating my masculinity with their cuteness. :3

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Thanks Linus and Slick and whoever else helped :D I'm psyched to have an avenue through which to share and gain knowledge with the rest of this community (:

... that sounded a littler dumber after reading it then it did in my head...

Either way, I'm excited :)

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

Ooooo the forum looks good so far and there's no need for rules because you just ban people for saying stuff you don't want on your forum.

Great work Linus, Slick and Diesel!! looking forward for the CES coverage.

Best. Forum. Ever.

I'm a member of too many hardware forums that it just becomes tedious because they are so small! I believe this one will become much larger than all others much quicker, and I'm very keen to see this happen!

Great Work Linus, Slick and Diesel!!

Loving the Forum so far! Also, I learn so much from your YouTube videos, keep it up!

Question: When will you be taking suggestions for the forum??

System Spec

Corsair C70 Black -- Intel i7-4770K @4.2GHz -- Corsair H100i --Gigabtye Z87X D3H -- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz (Blue)-- Sandisk Extreme SSD 240GB -- WD Caviar Black 2TB 7200rpm -- EVGA GTX 780 with ACX Cooler -- Corsair HX750

I think there should be a few rules set in this forum, for instance if you let someone knowingly use a driver disk for a video card you should be banned for a week :D

Also, friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer!

Seriously though, happy to see the forum working :)

Very good work on the forums Slick! I'm familiar with vBulletin, and even if you don't quite have everything set up, you have a lot of things well implemented and everything. Looking forward to using these forums!

Hi all. Im new to all this forum stuff ( well actually posting on forums ) so i thought id join in a brand new forum where i wount be scapegoated for being completely new.

Hey guys, so glad the forums are up and running! I am 19, from the UK and an avid watcher of LTT and the livestreams (although I do watch the archives, not quite dedicated enough to get up at 6:00am!). Really looking forward to becoming a part and building what seems to already be a very nice community!

few suggestions

A show your latest build thread

Help/support thread so people can post things like "Omg help it wont post"

Suggestion thread :)

Love you linus and slick!

Hello from the UK. Can't wait to get stuck in and looking forward to the further growth of this community:)

Looking forward to being part of a community where everybody is respectful and helpful for a change! Thank you Linus, Slick & co! :)

You were a noob once too!

Woop been waiting for the release of this forum since I heard about it and loving it all ready :D keep up the good work and thank you to linus, slick and diesel and everybody on the forum for making this great forum happen!

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

Hi from Trinidad and Tobago :D been looking forward to this fourm for some time now.

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Yay, it's up! Thanks LTT team!

CPU: I5 2500K @ 4.6GHz | MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P | GPU 1: XFX 280X Black Edition | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP | COOLER: Corsair H60 | CASE: Cooler Master 690 NV | PSU: Corsair HX850W Pro | SSD: SanDisk 128GB | KEYBOARD: Ducky Legend | MOUSE: Logitech G600

This forum will become a hub for tech enthusiasts worldwide! And it will be fun. Great job Linus and the rest of the team!