Seemingly random BSoD's?

Go to solution Solved by ionbasa,

I'd suggest running a repair install: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

You will keep all programs and documents. Windows settings may be reset though.

Hello all.

Lately, i have encountered three seemingly random Blue Screen of Death errors. First one happened around two months back. I simply tried to open a game on steam, and it crashed and i got the blue screen error. I did not think much about this since, everything worked fine afterwards. Another one happened week back, i simply changed a tab on Google Crome and it crashed again. This also seemed random, but started to get little bit worried. Now, last night when i was sleeping, its seems like i have encountered another Blue Screen and now i'm really worried because three BSoD in two months cannot be random.

I used the blue screen viewer to gather some information about the crash and i have additional information about my system bellow. The file that Blue Screen View created is attached to this post.

· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista Windows 7

· x86 (32-bit) or x64 64Bit 
· What OS was originaly installed on the systemWindows 7
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from a retailer)? Pre-installed whit the system
· Age of system (hardwareAbout 2 years, Windows was re installed when i added the SSD about an year ago, GPU was changed last fall
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OSOS was re-installed about an year ago when changing from HDD to SSD
· CPU model Intel i5-4670K 3.40GHz
· Video Card model EVGA Nvidia GTX970 4GB
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptopAsus Z87-K
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (if laptop, skip thisSeasonic S12II 520W BRONZE, SS-520GB
· System Manufacturer ---
· Exact model number (if OEM or laptop) ---
· Laptop or DesktopDesktop

Specs:

Asus Z87-K

EVGA GeForce GTX970

Intel i5-4670K 3.40GHz

Kingston 8GB DDR3 RAM

OCZ Vertex460 240GB SSD

Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD

Windows 7 64 bit

Seasonic S12II 520W BRONZE, SS-520GB 

Age of the system: About 2 years, Windows was re installed when i added the SSD about an year ago, GPU was changed last fall.

Windows event viewer called the crash "Bug Check 1001"

Also last night i posted about another seemingly unrelated problem regarding to my SSD.

BSOD.txt

What power supply are you using?

Sig under construction.

I think it's not your GPU, but the RAM since chrome uses a lot of RAM

There's always a way...

What power supply are you using?

Added the information to the post. "Seasonic S12II 520W BRONZE, SS-520GB ".

Update your GPU drivers?

Since you didn't follow the instructions pinned in the top of this sub-forum for posting BSOD information, we can only help you a limited amount. 

But, it does seem to be related to an Nvidia GPU driver.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Update your GPU drivers?

Since you didn't follow the instructions pinned in the top of this sub-forum for posting BSOD information, we can only help you a limited amount. 

But, it does seem to be related to an Nvidia GPU driver.

So, i tried to to follow the instructions in the post, but ran into couple of problems. First of all, when the SysnativeBSODCollectionApp is running i get error about C:\Windows\System32\jscript.dll "is not meant to be execute by Windows system, or there is an error in it. Try to re install the program using the original installation device or contact the system admin or the provider of the software". This is a rough translation of the error message.

And when trying to create the report whit Resource and Performance Monitor, once again i'm faced whit error and cannot create the report file. ERROR: Error trying to create the report. Timeout when waiting for report creating tool to finish.  Another rough translation of the error message.

Going by the book:

· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ? Windows 7

· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64Bit 

· What OS was originaly installed on the system? Windows 7

· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from a retailer)? Pre-installed whit the system

· Age of system (hardwareAbout 2 years, Windows was re installed when i added the SSD about an year ago, GPU was changed last fall

· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? OS was re-installed about an year ago when changing from HDD to SSD

· CPU model Intel i5-4670K 3.40GHz

· Video Card model EVGA Nvidia GTX970 4GB

· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptopAsus Z87-K

· Power Supply - brand & wattage (if laptop, skip thisSeasonic S12II 520W BRONZE, SS-520GB

· System Manufacturer ---

· Exact model number (if OEM or laptop) ---

· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

As for the zip dump files, i have them here (Google Drive)

Hope this helps!

Edit: I'm almost always up to date on my Graphics Card Drivers, which i download using Geforce Experience.

So, i tried to to follow the instructions in the post, but ran into couple of problems. First of all, when the SysnativeBSODCollectionApp is running i get error about C:\Windows\System32\jscript.dll "is not meant to be execute by Windows system, or there is an error in it. Try to re install the program using the original installation device or contact the system admin or the provider of the software". This is a rough translation of the error message.

And when trying to create the report whit Resource and Performance Monitor, once again i'm faced whit error and cannot create the report file. ERROR: Error trying to create the report. Timeout when waiting for report creating tool to finish.  Another rough translation of the error message.

Going by the book:

· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ? Windows 7

· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64Bit 

· What OS was originaly installed on the system? Windows 7

· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from a retailer)? Pre-installed whit the system

· Age of system (hardwareAbout 2 years, Windows was re installed when i added the SSD about an year ago, GPU was changed last fall

· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? OS was re-installed about an year ago when changing from HDD to SSD

· CPU model Intel i5-4670K 3.40GHz

· Video Card model EVGA Nvidia GTX970 4GB

· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptopAsus Z87-K

· Power Supply - brand & wattage (if laptop, skip thisSeasonic S12II 520W BRONZE, SS-520GB

· System Manufacturer ---

· Exact model number (if OEM or laptop) ---

· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

As for the zip dump files, i have them here (Google Drive)

Hope this helps!

Edit: I'm almost always up to date on my Graphics Card Drivers, which i download using Geforce Experience.

Ok, thanks for that!

It seems that your Windows' installation may possibly be corrupted. Please follow the directions here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html#option2

Run the command. Are there any integrity violation?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Ok, thanks for that!

It seems that your Windows' installation may possibly be corrupted. Please follow the directions here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html#option2

Run the command. Are there any integrity violation?

Something seems to be amiss.

"

confirmation 100% done

Windows resource protection found defective/faulty files, but it could not repair some of them.

More information is at CBS.Log file windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Example:

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

"

EDIT: Running it again like the instructions say

I'd suggest running a repair install: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

Did that, all seems to be fine now .sfc /scannow does not find any violations after repair install. All files seem to be where they belong. Had to fiddle whit few drivers after the installation but got everything working. Hopefully this solves the BSoD.

Thanks a bunch!