2 beeps ?

noobbuilder
Go to solution Solved by Shadow-R,

still no luck each stick will work but only in the closest bank to the cpu. somehow the second slot is dead i dont know what happened but i tried resetting the bios and everything.

could it be i installed the cpu wrong or would windows not even boot if that was the case ?

Terve!

You can try to reseat the CPU (make shure you have some thermal paste handy), because it can have all sorts of crazy errors, if the CPU is not seated correct.

Also you should have a good look at the second RAM slot. Is there something in it? Can you see physical damage?

If you cannot see physical damage and the reseating of the CPU does not help eighter I guess the mainboard has "made the ASUS" (died).

Stuff can randomly brake, I don't think that you killed it with 16 GB of RAM.

I have ran two 7970s off a 450W PSU with the fan straight to the desk and it lives as well. PCs are not only "noobsave", but also idiot-prove (from idiots like me at least).

Sayonara!

hi guys im back for more help

i had upgraded my dell 660 i5 3300 to i7 3770 and the 8gb 1600 ram to 16gb 1600 ram but it has all been crappy .
first of all it has ran too hot like 70-85 degrees and then the ram had a cas of 7 which the dell didnt know what to do with so it downgraded the ram to 1333.

so i decided to put back in the i5 and the original ram and was going to get a asrock z77 so i could build an extra gaming pc with sli 970's the 3770 and the ram that the dell couldnt handle .

now the real problem happened when i tried to boot i get 2 beeps which i figured meant ram so i re-seated it and still 2 beeps then i tried the g.skill that worked before even though the dell ran it at 1333 but still 2 beeps .
the only way i am posting here is with one stick of ram a measly 4gb .
i didnt push down hard installing the ram only till they clicked .

is there anything to try?

8700k , 32gb ram , 2080 ti ftw3 ultra , msi gaming m5 , 7.1 kilpsch rp series , denon srh750 , sony 65x900f, 27tb's hdd's+ssd's , cooler master h500p modded case

what is the exact motherboard you have? you can look up exactly what the beeps mean.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Terve!

First off: it would be helpfull if we knew exactly which RAM you would use (there is a massive number on these things).

With that and the knowledge over your mainboard (please add the model of it as well, like z77 extreme, ws or pro or whatever) you can check the compatibility of the RAM with your mainboard.

I had to switch the RAM between my PCs because it did not work and I RMAed a second hand mainboard because of it.

Sayonara!

the mobo is 0xr1gt from dell  the ram is hyundai electronics 2x4gb 1600mhz is the stock that came with the dell and i also have g.skill trident.x 2x8gb 1600mhz i tried them both and it will only boot with one stick installed of either brand ram since i switched back to the stock i5 3300 cpu

edit:i want to go back to all stock on this system

8700k , 32gb ram , 2080 ti ftw3 ultra , msi gaming m5 , 7.1 kilpsch rp series , denon srh750 , sony 65x900f, 27tb's hdd's+ssd's , cooler master h500p modded case

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN148898/EN

OP the 2 beep code refers to memory related issues like you said.  Dell just asks you to make sure the ram is installed properly.

Hmmmm ... 

Have you reset the BIOS?  Also do you know that the motherboard you have supports that cpu?  Did you even ask Dell before attempting to do this?

Btw in this post in this thread here .. http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1929468/upgrade-dell-660-3330-3770.html... the guy said he asked Dell support if the Dell 660 he had supported the i7 and they said yes but it was not tested. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

i asked on the intel foums and someone there said i was fine but one thing that i found out later was that the dell mobo specs said max 8gb ram and i ran 16gb from a couple of weeks but it ran fine other than downgrading itself from 1600mhz to 1333mhz.

i would think  if that was going to hurt it should have when i had the 16gb installed..

i havent reset the bios yet but i will reset it and clear the cmos if there is a jumper or battery ill see when i get in there and get back here as soon as i find something out

thanks

still no luck each stick will work but only in the closest bank to the cpu. somehow the second slot is dead i dont know what happened but i tried resetting the bios and everything.

could it be i installed the cpu wrong or would windows not even boot if that was the case ?

Terve!

You can try to reseat the CPU (make shure you have some thermal paste handy), because it can have all sorts of crazy errors, if the CPU is not seated correct.

Also you should have a good look at the second RAM slot. Is there something in it? Can you see physical damage?

If you cannot see physical damage and the reseating of the CPU does not help eighter I guess the mainboard has "made the ASUS" (died).

Stuff can randomly brake, I don't think that you killed it with 16 GB of RAM.

I have ran two 7970s off a 450W PSU with the fan straight to the desk and it lives as well. PCs are not only "noobsave", but also idiot-prove (from idiots like me at least).

Sayonara!

i have great news . i reseated the cpu,cleared the cmos reseated the gtx 970 uplugged all the headers from the motherboard and replugged them in and rebooted and bam both memory slots are working again..not sure what it was but i happy now ..im convinced it had something to do with the cpu seating ..

thanks for all your help guys