Enermax ETS-N30 TAA Review

SImoHayha

TL;DR   Tiny cooler packs a punch.  Reasonably priced.  Small for smaller cases.  Needs thermal paste placed on the pipes instead of the normal blob method. Comes in a non LED version and LED version for a cheap flashy cooler or if you want a plain cooler.

So I ran across this little cooler a while back when I needed a new cooler for my FX-6300 as the stock cooler wasn't cutting it.

Anywho look at these pictures ^~^ most of these pictures are mostly stock because am not removing my cooler again. That shit was hard as Hades.

Anywho here are some parts here. The cooler fits in most modern and old sockets the oldest for Intel the 775 and AMD FM1

04_80.png

Now you can see on the box there is two different versions the non LED fan version and LED fan version. The LED fan version has less static pressure and less airflow but only by a little. Sadly you can't control the LED but it does have a fancy little animation as I say. It simply just fades in and fades out. It really is quite relaxing to look at.

Anywho it has a few interesting features to help reduce temps. Such as the direct heat pipe touch however I'll go into that in detail later.
Anyway its a pretty tiny cooler and comes with its own high quality thermal paste which is Down Corning TC 5121. 

Now here is the issue with this cooler. The only real problem with this cooler is the gaps between the copper heat-pipes and aluminum blocks shown here.   

close8_small.jpg

Now when you try the blob method it doesn't work because simply the small blob goes in and tries to fit the gaps. Which actually hinders performance because there isn't a whole amount of thermal paste on the CPU die. Trust me the way it looked like was roughly like this after I decided to re-mount the cooler due to a abnormal temperatures

BBqOVXZ.jpg

In the end this little guy can actually pack quite the cooling power for being small as it is. Its also reasonably priced for both versions. 24$ for the non LED and 29$ for the LED version. Hope you guys like this lazy tiny review.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT