BRAIN WASHED!

tnlich

I'm trying to understand why people want to always upgrade bran new stuff with bran new things. Not pointing to anyone but I just seen on the classified forums that someone is selling 2 of the 970's for reasons being for a 980Ti or a Titan........ WHAT?!!!!???!!!?!!?!  Its not even been 6 months and he is already wanting a upgrade from a new product? I am sorry to vent out like this but some things some of you people do just do not make since to me. If you are a test bencher for a company and or you are on Youtube and all that .. Ok I would understand. But 3/4 of you guys on here are gamers. Its like in Bf4 I had clan members tell other people in the clan they should get SSD's so they can play the game faster and it matters. At that time I was running WD blue drives with a X58 and was loading faster and still doing better than most of the people that was bragging about there bran new 2011 or SSD or 8gig video cards... It doesn't matter unless the Connection speed between point A and B is there and the server your playing on is basically doing awesome. Your tower in this process is about 30% of what is going on in the scenario. ANYHOW!!! just wanted to voice this out because that rabbit can go down that hole a long way and may never stop till its too late.

Thanks for reading. Sorry if I offend anyone. Wasn't posted for that reason.

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

Some people are enthusiasts, some are rich, others just don't know what they are doing.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Some people like new things and don't always think logically. Some also have lots of money to just throw away.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

There are just some people who wants to be on the bleeding edge of technology.

And those people are willing to lose a certain amount every year having the latest and greatest.

Because enthusiasts. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

-money

-bragging rights

-impulse buying

-materialism

-money

-enthusiast

-hobbies

are all valid reasons

justbecause you have a different opinion does not make these reasons invalid

they are valid for the people who do believe in these reasons, so just mind your own business and live with it because being jealous doesnt help anybody

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

970s aren't that new in the tech industry really, it progresses insanely fast. People always want the newest and greatest hardware, it's not unusual for people to sell previously top/high end stuff to get something that is only a little better. 

Some people are enthusiasts, some are rich, others just don't know what they are doing.

Or all three

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

GTX 970's outperform a Titan X.

"Its like in Bf4 I had clan members tell other people in the clan they should get SSD's so they can play the game faster and it matters."

Well that was true for a time, you still load the game quicker but people with hard drives have to join the game and click ready so it doesn't give an unfair advantage to those with  an SSD, but in general an SSD is a good improvement and isn't really that expensive.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

GTX 970's outperform a Titan X.

One? Not a chance. Two?.... I wouldn't know.

Would love to find out lol

"Its like in Bf4 I had clan members tell other people in the clan they should get SSD's so they can play the game faster and it matters."

Well that was true for a time, you still load the game quicker but people with hard drives have to join the game and click ready so it doesn't give an unfair advantage to those with  an SSD, but in general an SSD is a good improvement and isn't really that expensive.

It does make a difference in loading times. Before I got my SSD, I had never seen a countdown to start in BF3 TDM (where you're all standing around as the game starts) once I got it, I was like "holy hell, never seen this before". Probably made a 1 minute different at most

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I meant two xD. Also this guy is thick in the skull. He has great AF but his Radiator is literally heating the cards up.

Some people have collections of expensive cars that they might drive only once every year.   I own a $6000 camper van I use once a year.  My mate has a $65,000 boat he uses 5-6 times a year.  Hobbies is hobbies. :)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I meant two xD. Also this guy is thick in the skull. He has great AF but his Radiator is literally heating the cards up.

Depends on what you're using them for. I would expect a titan X to perform better in triple monitor surround than two 970's (1080p screens) and I'm running that on one 970 (it is doable on things like bf4. but only on medium/high)

When you have money you spend it. People that are richer don't see the need to save up because they already have everything they need, so why not spend money on things you want.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It does make a difference in loading times. Before I got my SSD, I had never seen a countdown to start in BF3 TDM (where you're all standing around as the game starts) once I got it, I was like "holy hell, never seen this before". Probably made a 1 minute different at most

Well I was basing my HDD experience of an WD black so it's not exactly slow. But I'm pretty sure in bf4 you have to have a certain number of people in the game before you can actually spwan, sure it doesn't completely eliminate people getting in the chopper first for example but it goes a good way to combat it.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Well I was basing my HDD experience of an WD black so it's not exactly slow. But I'm pretty sure in bf4 you have to have a certain number of people in the game before you can actually spwan, sure it doesn't completely eliminate people getting in the chopper first for example but it goes a good way to combat it.

I was running on a WD Black. 1tb 7200rpm. Still made a noticeable difference. Not so much in bf4, but in bf3 it made a big difference. (mainly because the netcode in bf4 is still absolute sh*t)

some people are a combination of the 3 ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I was running on a WD Black. 1tb 7200rpm. Still made a noticeable difference. Not so much in bf4, but in bf3 it made a big difference. (mainly because the netcode in bf4 is still absolute sh*t

Yeah I was just speaking of bf4 specifically because that's what he mentioned. It's been a while since I've played bf3 but I don't remember the load times being that bad.(memory proabbly failing me here). My point really is that an SSD is a good investment and makes your computing expereince much much nicer.

LOOK AT ME I'M BETTER THAN YOU

FILTHY CASUAL

I HAVE 8 TITANS IN SLI

AND 128GB OF RAM

HAHA YOU'RE SO POOR

YOU'RE A CASUAL CUS U DIDN'T BUY ALL THIS RANDOM CRAP EVEN THOUGH THE ONLY THING I EVER PLAY IS DOTA 2 AND CS:GO

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

you need 9 ppl from each team, but u will feel the difference more when u are joining a on going game in BF4, my brother hdd had 5-10 mins loading times so had to get him a ssd :P

Yeah I was just speaking of bf4 specifically because that's what he mentioned. It's been a while since I've played bf3 but I don't remember the load times being that bad.(memory proabbly failing me here). My point really is that an SSD is a good investment and makes your computing expereince much much nicer.

Damn right it is. My mom can't believe how much faster her new machine (that I build for her) is. Even thought it's still an I3 like her old one (i3-330 vs I3-4460). There's this thing she used to do in her appraisal software, not sure what it exactly is, but it would take her old machine about 5 minutes to complete, and now it takes like....3 seconds?

Only problem is that the software is causing some sort of memory error message to come up, even though she has more than enough memory, and that memory is perfectly fine (ran memtest 86 all night, only 1 error in the final test "hammer row" which seems to cause an error on every machine we own, even mine)

Damn right it is. My mom can't believe how much faster her new machine (that I build for her) is. Even thought it's still an I3 like her old one (i3-330 vs I3-4460). There's this thing she used to do in her appraisal software, not sure what it exactly is, but it would take her old machine about 5 minutes to complete, and now it takes like....3 seconds?

Only problem is that the software is causing some sort of memory error message to come up, even though she has more than enough memory, and that memory is perfectly fine (ran memtest 86 all night, only 1 error in the final test "hammer row" which seems to cause an error on every machine we own, even mine)

I think I did a bad thing recently, I had no idea that windows vista, which my dads laptops runs doesn't have TRIM. So in affect he's got an SSD and he's not reaping the benefits of it completely. Regarding that memory issue I really have no idea, is the same SSD that you run in both of those machines that have that issue?

side note holy balls that time saving is real.

I think I did a bad thing recently, I had no idea that windows vista, which my dads laptops runs doesn't have TRIM. So in affect he's got an SSD and he's not reaping the benefits of it completely. Regarding that memory issue I really have no idea, is the same SSD that you run in both of those machines that have that issue?

side note holy balls that time saving is real.

I use a samsung 840 pro, never have any issues other than crashing during gaming because I OC'd my GPU too far (apparently). Hers is the 850 pro (850's weren't out when I got my 840). And yeah that time savings is real. She estimates that she's about 30% more efficient now, since she doesn't have to wait for that HORRIBLE HP to get things done.

She's a bit of a nerd like we all are, she used computers at work back when there was no monitor, and you had to use cards. YEAH

LOOK AT ME I'M BETTER THAN YOU

FILTHY CASUAL

I HAVE 8 TITANS IN SLI

AND 128GB OF RAM

HAHA YOU'RE SO POOR

YOU'RE A CASUAL CUS U DIDN'T BUY ALL THIS RANDOM CRAP EVEN THOUGH THE ONLY THING I EVER PLAY IS DOTA 2 AND CS:GO

/thread

This is a signature.