Current and Power Limit throttling - I7 4712HQ

Hey guys,

I heavily tuned my processor with these settings. tested for many hours and it's stable.

okXM6Zq.png 

I made a 1 hour CPU Stress test result using AIDA64 and got these results

https://imgur.com/a/MYnVe
--
but while testing with wPrime 1024 8 threads, i get 100% Power limit throttling

http://imgur.com/0onGQxm
--
and while testing with AIDA64 cache stress test, i get 100% Current limit throttling

https://imgur.com/a/C3Pyc
--

XTU Stress test, some times i get a mix of both but mostly it's power limit throttling

record gif 
http://i.imgur.com/e91gqrZ.gif
--

is there any thing i should change in my settings? 
is that the maximum juice from the CPU?

and finally can these settings harm the CPU or the Laptop?

I can go in undervolting my max is -85 but it crashes XTU

any help would be appreciated

Tbh i would turn it down a bit.

I would try to keep the max temps under 80°C.

But that's personal. And also if you are going to push more current or voltage through it (if it was possible, but afaik it isn't), you will definatly go over the 90°C and that's really not a good idea.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Tbh i would turn it down a bit.

I would try to keep the max temps under 80°C.

But that's personal. And also if you are going to push more current or voltage through it (if it was possible, but afaik it isn't), you will definatly go over the 90°C and that's really not a good idea.

The laptop is HP Envy 15, the temps are close to the stock temps "If not the same" .. i made a 1 hour stress test and temps was 88 max

i am repasting soon

The laptop is HP Envy 15, the temps are close to the stock temps "If not the same" .. i made a 1 hour stress test and temps was 88 max

i am repasting soon

Hp, riight...

I've always hated them, had a lot of issues with overheating in the past. So it might be good for now, but i'm sure it won't stay that way.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Hp, riight...

I've always hated them, had a lot of issues with overheating in the past. So it might be good for now, but i'm sure it won't stay that way.

Actually, Comparing to many gaming laptops i tried, it's the best laptop cooling system i've ever tried :D

what do you mean by it won't stay that way. ?

is increasing the processor current limit affect or do any problem in the laptop, Mobo or the power system?

is increasing the processor current limit affect or do any problem in the laptop, Mobo or the power system?

The problem with the spike is p95. Its not a good mix with haswell chips, it over volts them.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Actually, Comparing to many gaming laptops i tried, it's the best laptop cooling system i've ever tried :D

It's not uncommon for aggressive overclocks to become unstable even if they were stable due to running beyond spec long enough.

imo I don't see the benefit of overclocking in this scenario.  Your thermals are ridiculous and you're hitting a wall anyway on power/current for all of 200 MHz.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

It's not uncommon for aggressive overclocks to become unstable even if they were stable due to running beyond spec long enough.

imo I don't see the benefit of overclocking in this scenario.  Your thermals are ridiculous and you're hitting a wall anyway on power/current for all of 200 MHz.

in stock settings, the processor max clocks 2.6 .. i had to do this. HQ processors aren't good specially 37w

what can i do to decrease the temps? it's close to the stock temps

Every HP notebook i've seen. high-end, low-end whatever. All start to overheat after 1 or 2 years.

So it might be fine now, because it's quite new. But i'm quite sure you will get problems later.