LED Strip to Power Supply!

Okay... One of my Amazon shipments came in today! In it, there was a Bailun Waterproof LED Strip Light Kit that came with the LED Strip, a 44 key remote, a RGB Control box, and a AC/DC Adapter. Also in my box, I got Zitrades' 10 PCS LED 5050 RGB Strip light connectors and their 1 to 2 ports female connector. I have a few questions about the led strip but my main question is. How would I power my LED strip w/o using the AC/DC adapter and connecting it straight to my power supply? 

Other Questions: 

• Do I need everything I bought to connect multiple strips to one control box?
  • Do I need any other wires?
  • Any tips?
  • How was your day?

Thanks! 

I can't help you at all but my day was good, thanks. How bout you?

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

I just did something similar by directly cutting and directly soldering the power input toa free molex pin.  Just make sure its the correct pin. 12V in your case. Works well. And ofcourse if your case is metal(like almoast always xD) , make sure to insulate the soldering points well. 

Yes everything needs to connect to the control box. i would recommend to connect it in series to avoid cable mess, and voltage issues. but yeah u can cut them, place em wherever you want, connect them with wires. and voila. one sick looking pc :)

Im bit sick but the day was good :) Pardon my messy cables. havent managed them properly

20150530_204708.jpg

If the RGB control box has a molex plug on the end (it probably doesn't) you could plug it straight into the PSU....

If the back of the included power brick has has a indicator which part of the wire is positive and which is negative, and it is 12 volts (or 5v for that matter), you could try and solder the box straight into the wires off of a molex plug. Molex plug pinout is included below. I would have just bought one with a molex plug tho..

220px-Molex_8981_male_connector_pin_out. Male Pins (Female Connector) Pin Color Type   Pin 1 Yellow +12 V   Pin 2 Black Ground   Pin 3 Black Ground   Pin 4 Red +5 V   18 AWG wire is typically used.