Microsoft Band

Damn, 60 Kilos is heavy ;)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Haha "60 kilograms"

might wanna edit that.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Haha "60 kilograms"

might wanna edit that.

There is an annotation and it is also written on-screen. Hopefully that is enough.

I own one myself too. Preordered it from Microsoft Store before it reached UK last month. Should've just bought it a bit later because you can actually get it for less if you are a student. *sigh* 

Absolutely love this thing. Been using it extensively every day ever since. The battery life is really excellent for something packed with so much sensors in it. I can almost make it for the whole 3 days from a single charge (charging is really quick too). And since it can display all of your phones notification, I get better battery life from my quite old phone (L925). You've covered quite well most of its functionality and features but for those with a WP out there, the Cortana function is really the icing on the cake imo. One of the main reason I got the Band is because I can use Cortana to control my phone music player and send a proper reply to a text message. The GPS lock is really great even while cycling in central London where there's many high rise buildings. It can also detect your sleep automatically without having to select the sleep tracking function. Haven't tried the Starbuck app because I don't like coffee. LOL

I agree with all the cons you pointed out mainly the non water proof. But it is still water resistant enough for the occasional splash from washing dishes to running in heavy rain. I think Microsoft has already released the SDK for the Band earlier this month so expect more apps making good use of the plethora of sensors inside the band.

I heard the new Band 2 is coming out later this year. I hope the will address the current band strap design because it is a bit too stiff imo.

Good review btw.

-snip-

Yeah, I'm looking forward to new apps for it and cortana is the best!