Amd display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Drastcreeper

Hello,

So usually when I am playing Gta V. At some point whilst playing my screen will go black and then come back on and my game will stop responding and crashes, with an error message which appears. Saying "AMD display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

This happens only when I play games and I have updated all my drivers and DirectX. It is still happening though. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Thanks.

Hello,

So usually when I am playing Gta V. At some point whilst playing my screen will go black and then come back on and my game will stop responding and crashes, with an error message which appears. Saying "AMD display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

This happens only when I play games and I have updated all my drivers and DirectX. It is still happening though. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Thanks.

Monitor your GPU temps with either GPU-Z running in the background or MSI Afterburner's monitoring..

Report back after some gaming (5-10mins should warm it up enough to see its maxtemp)

The GPU may be dirty and need a clean of dust,.. it may in fact be broken to a degree and need a repair (which is only done through warranty RMA's) if the card is too old and you do not have a warranty and the GPU is on its way out,.. there is not much you can do.

But report your temps,.. and we'll go from there.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Hello,

Thanks.

Try using the beta drivers, I use the beta version and it works.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Are you overclocking?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Try using the beta drivers, I use the beta version and it works.

Can you link me to them please?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

snip

You're fast :3

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

You're fast :3

Like the Flash....without the suit...or powers...or anything really..

Like the Flash....without the suit...or powers...or anything really..

Pretty much :3

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia