NFS max FPS

0x550x42

So, I was monitoring my laptop's fps for counter strike and nfs, and at lowest settings it was rendering 60fps... And I know that my display has 60hz rr but is that the max fps that I can play those games at or can it go higher than that?

There's always a way...

disable vsync and nfs is probably locked anyway.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So, I was monitoring my laptop's fps for counter strike and nfs, and at lowest settings it was rendering 60fps... And I know that my display has 60hz rr but is that the max fps that I can play those games at or can it go higher than that?

When Vsync is on your limiting the FPS to the Refresh rate (60hz = 60fps)

But disabling Vsync, and other frame limiters the game may impose,... can get you more..yes.

Sometimes the game will NOT allow you to disable the FPS lock, other times you just disable Vsync..

Any FPS above your Refresh rate (61fps+ on your 60hz panel) WILL cause image tearing... most people run their games like this.

Vsync will also cause a very very small delay between the inputs on the controller/keyb/mouse before its shown on the display (so small you can either adjust to it, or leave it off and have zero input lag)

What does Tearing look like..?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Tearing_%28simulated%29.jpg

/Remember when you have over 60fps fluid motion displaying per second,.. its harder to notice.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

The game engine may have its own frame limiter to prevent weird physics problems, but if it doesn't than disabling V-sync might increase fps, as V-sync is always trying to sync frames up to refresh cycles of your display (but v-sync is not directly a frame-limiter).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

The game engine may have its own frame limiter to prevent weird physics problems, but if it doesn't than disabling V-sync might increase fps, as V-sync is always trying to sync frames up to refresh cycles of your display (but v-sync is not directly a frame-limiter).

Turned off vsync but only achieved 61 fps.. I think it's limited by the game itself..

There's always a way...

Turned off vsync but only achieved 61 fps.. I think it's limited by the game itself..

Which NFS game is it? Prostreet, The Run? Any of the others?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Which NFS game is it? Prostreet, The Run? Any of the others?

NFS MW 2013

There's always a way...

NFS MW 2013

Not on that game.. 30fps or 60fps, but a drop in 1 single FPS under 60,.....means it INSTANTLY plummets back to 30fps, not using 59/58/57 or anything, its either 60fps, or 30fps.. and the sweeping effect of it dropping those frames feels SOOOOO goddamn bad.

It's sad but the game was designed to run in 30 FPS on the console.

The PC version can exceed 60 FPS but a single drop of frame rate will cost a very noticeable stutter on your screen and it will also affect your controller input making the game harder than it is.

If your at 60fps, and not stuttering, your already having the best experience the game can offer.

If it is stuttering, you can lock the game to 30fps in the ini file, located in mydocuments/critereon folder so it never 'sways' back and forth making the game feel funky.

Not on that game.. 30fps or 60fps, but a drop in 1 single FPS under 60,.....means it INSTANTLY plummets back to 30fps, not using 59/58/57 or anything, its either 60fps, or 30fps.. and the sweeping effect of it dropping those frames feels SOOOOO goddamn bad.

It's sad but the game was designed to run in 30 FPS on the console.

The PC version can exceed 60 FPS but a single drop of frame rate will cost a very noticeable stutter on your screen and it will also affect your controller input making the game harder than it is.

If your at 60fps, and not stuttering, your already having the best experience the game can offer.

If it is stuttering, you can lock the game to 30fps in the ini file, located in mydocuments/critereon folder so it never 'sways' back and forth making the game feel funky.

I'll try locking fps to 60.. Thanks..

There's always a way...

I have NFS Most Wanted. Make sure you turn off AA. It doesn't run right with AA turned on and kills your FPS. Try it with no AA and report back your FPS. It's the only game where I found the AA to be problematic. 

I'll try locking fps to 60.. Thanks..

There is no lock to 60 from the config file, its a lock to 30.

I have NFS Most Wanted. Make sure you turn off AA. It doesn't run right with AA turned on and kills your FPS. Try it with no AA and report back your FPS. It's the only game where I found the AA to be problematic.

Okay I'll check..

There's always a way...

Okay I'll check..

Stand corrected, it's SuperSampling. You want that set to off, it's not the AA. I cranked up NFS MW and I noticed that my FPS was locked at 60fps. So somewhere there is a Vsync that locks to your refresh rate of your monitor. 

Stand corrected, it's SuperSampling. You want that set to off, it's not the AA. I cranked up NFS MW and I noticed that my FPS was locked at 60fps. So somewhere there is a Vsync that locks to your refresh rate of your monitor. 

The game itself.. the engine.. is locking it to 60fps.

The game itself.. the engine.. is locking it to 60fps.

My guess is the game is locking it to the refresh rate of your monitor. I could not find a vsync feature in the options menu. 

Weird... but seems to work..

Setting a lower resolution each time you start the game, and then changing back to what you want...

Gaining FPS and maintaining the averageFPS for longer.

/Wondering it the shadows and such are pre-baked, so using 1600x900 shadows to LOAD the game with, then in game, using 1080p, maybe the shadows stay with the 1600x900 baked settings.

/No idea if this is the case, but the video does show a noticeable improvement.