Time to buy - Last advice needed

Tyguy96

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your help with my other post, I've managed to naarrow the choice down to 3 Laptops.

I've got £1500 to spend on one, Below is the list of which Laptops I'm considering, If you have anymore input please let me know, I do not want to make a mistake and buy a duff one!!!

Gigabyte P35X v3-CF2

Gigabyte P35W v3-CF2

MSI GS60 2QE Ghost

Now where I need the help - I've been informed many times and read online that Gigabytes Laptops are prone to Thermal Throtteling, is this true?

The MSI has a 3k screen, not really bothered by it, but seems a bit much to me on a laptop. the standard 1080p would be ample.

Anyway, My mind is yet to be made up so if anyone has any other suggestions to the laptops above, please let me know, I have until Tuesday to decide.

Thanks,

TY

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your help with my other post, I've managed to naarrow the choice down to 3 Laptops.

I've got £1500 to spend on one, Below is the list of which Laptops I'm considering, If you have anymore input please let me know, I do not want to make a mistake and buy a duff one!!!

Gigabyte P35X v3-CF2

Gigabyte P35W v3-CF2

MSI GS60 2QE Ghost

Now where I need the help - I've been informed many times and read online that Gigabytes Laptops are prone to Thermal Throtteling, is this true?

The MSI has a 3k screen, not really bothered by it, but seems a bit much to me on a laptop. the standard 1080p would be ample.

Anyway, My mind is yet to be made up so if anyone has any other suggestions to the laptops above, please let me know, I have until Tuesday to decide.

Thanks,

TY

Them thermals just for a 965M. So just imagine what would happen if you replaced the 965M with a 970M or 980M.

Try considering the Clevo P650SE. It has a 970M (P650SG if you want a 980M), tri-fan cooling, slightly under an inch in thickness (for the SE variant that is, SG variant is about 1.13 inches), tons of storage options, and has a rather professional look with its brushed finish on the surface of the machine.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap