benq xl2430t calibration help.

tuunade98
Go to solution Solved by Falkentyne,

It's difficult to give good settings for this monitor, because the settings and presets are different than any of Benq's previous monitors.  On the previous Z series (Including the XL2720Z, except the 2720Z doesn't change gamma as refresh rate increases), there were certain presets that you could use to get a decent picture, even going back to their pre blur reduction T series.  (The XL2430T should have been called the XL2430Z).  Those were usually: standard mode, contrast 43-50, Gamma 3-5 (depending on refresh rate and what gave you 2.2 gamma on Lagom for that refresh rate) and color channels 100, 100, 98, 100, 98, 96, and so on.

The XL2430T throws a spanner into the works by having Black Equalizer available in standard mode, AND gamma adjustmentes *AND* Color Vibrance.  This sort of messes up everything.

On the older Z series (xl2420Z, 2720Z, and pre MBR 2411T, 2420T/TE/TX etc), black equalizer would change the gamma of black shades depending on level, and thus you could not use black equalizer in standard mode, as the 5 Gamma presets and black equalizer were incompatible together.

Now, not only can they be used together on the XL2430T, even the *COLOR VIBRANCE* Setting affects gamma!

So no one can really give you proper settings unless you can find a review written by someone with measuring hardware or calibrators.

You can check this thread to see how CV affects the gamma.  maybe this will get you started.

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2202

I guess color vibrance at 9 will get you started.

I recently just bought the benq xl2430t 1080p 144hz monitor, and have quite abit of questions about it. The setup im using to power this monitor is as follows :

AMD FX8350 CPU 4.0ghz

gigabyte windforce r9 290 4gb

16gb RAM 2133

windows 8.1 64bit

USING DVI-DL cable that came with the monitor to achieve 144hz.

what are the best settings for this monitor for games like csgo? I've been playing around with the settings and honestly do not really like blur reduction, I don't like the way the brightness goes to shit once you turn it on. I've also done some googling before posting this thread and apparently instant mode when turned on, is suppose to reduce input lag, which I have turned on. AMA is set to high (default) and I'm using the standard picture mode. Black eQualizer is turned all the way down to 0, color vibrance is at 10, low blue light 0 and auto game mode is turned off. In the picture options, brightness is set at 45, contrast is also at 45, sharpness at 5, gamma is set to gamma 3, color temperature is set to NORMAL and AMA set to high.

So is there anything more I can do to further improve the smoothness of this monitor in games like CSGO? If I really have to use blur reduction to improve smoothness than i will. Is there anything I need to download to further improve the experience with this monitor? Do i need to cap the frame rate in csgo? I'm pretty sure its capped at 300 or something as default, and yes my computer is able to run csgo at 144+ fps 100% of the time regardless of what settings i turn on or off. Is there any settings that should be turned off in csgo, to improve smoothness and reduce blur?

It's difficult to give good settings for this monitor, because the settings and presets are different than any of Benq's previous monitors.  On the previous Z series (Including the XL2720Z, except the 2720Z doesn't change gamma as refresh rate increases), there were certain presets that you could use to get a decent picture, even going back to their pre blur reduction T series.  (The XL2430T should have been called the XL2430Z).  Those were usually: standard mode, contrast 43-50, Gamma 3-5 (depending on refresh rate and what gave you 2.2 gamma on Lagom for that refresh rate) and color channels 100, 100, 98, 100, 98, 96, and so on.

The XL2430T throws a spanner into the works by having Black Equalizer available in standard mode, AND gamma adjustmentes *AND* Color Vibrance.  This sort of messes up everything.

On the older Z series (xl2420Z, 2720Z, and pre MBR 2411T, 2420T/TE/TX etc), black equalizer would change the gamma of black shades depending on level, and thus you could not use black equalizer in standard mode, as the 5 Gamma presets and black equalizer were incompatible together.

Now, not only can they be used together on the XL2430T, even the *COLOR VIBRANCE* Setting affects gamma!

So no one can really give you proper settings unless you can find a review written by someone with measuring hardware or calibrators.

You can check this thread to see how CV affects the gamma.  maybe this will get you started.

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2202

I guess color vibrance at 9 will get you started.