Choosing a B85 MATX MoBo.....

I'm Going to Buy A B85 Chipset Mobo..(For Small Overclocking upto 3.8 Ghz Max)

Should i Buy MSI B85M-G43 in.msi.com/product/mb/B85MG43.html

OR

ASUS B85M-G www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/B85MG/ ?

ANY ADVICE ?

Intel i3-4150 3.50Ghz | MSI B85M-G43 | HyperX Fury 8GB 1866Mhz x1 | Intel HD 4400 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB , Samsung 160GB | Odyssey 450W | AOC E950Sw 18.5In | Windows 10 Pro | Zebronics Armour 2

Unless this is with a g3258, you can't overclock on b85. Besides that, both of those motherboards seem fine, nothing really exceptional wither way.

I thought you could or does this page contain false information or am I confusing myself on CPU ratio? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1150

It's not an officially supported feature of the chipset, but some manufacturers enabled it on certain motherboards with certain bioses. It's very board/bios/OEM specific.

I thought you could or does this page contain false information or am I confusing myself on CPU ratio? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1150

B85/H81 can only overclock the G3258, but I believe they require a BIOS update to enable the feature, and if the mfg doesn't push out a bios update for the board...

@Slick PLZ HELP

Someone already did help you...you just didn't like their answer I'm assuming. 

Unless this is with a g3258, you can't overclock on b85. Besides that, both of those motherboards seem fine, nothing really exceptional wither way.

^^^with this said, I would go with asus for their customer support, msi is kinda flaky

SO the final answer IS : ?

B85/H81 can only overclock the G3258, but I believe they require a BIOS update to enable the feature, and if the mfg doesn't push out a bios update for the board...

Someone already did help you...you just didn't like their answer I'm assuming. 

^^^with this said, I would go with asus for their customer support, msi is kinda flaky

It's not an officially supported feature of the chipset, but some manufacturers enabled it on certain motherboards with certain bioses. It's very board/bios/OEM specific.

Intel i3-4150 3.50Ghz | MSI B85M-G43 | HyperX Fury 8GB 1866Mhz x1 | Intel HD 4400 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB , Samsung 160GB | Odyssey 450W | AOC E950Sw 18.5In | Windows 10 Pro | Zebronics Armour 2

SO the final answer IS : ?

if you want something shoved down your throat, go buy a Mac.

For the most part, there's nothing left for us to say. We've stated some opinions and facts and what not, now you decide what is important to you. Or ask more questions and we can provide more advice

B series mobos are designed with business in mind. they feature more advanced ways of encrypting and allow for more security features on the board. Almost all B series boards lock the OC at a 3.8 (I have an Asrock one w/ bios update...locks at 3.8) I believe Asus may allow for OC past that with certain updates but you would have to look into it. I would suggest just buying an H series or Z series board that will allow you to adjust the OC as you please.

B series mobos are designed with business in mind. they feature more advanced ways of encrypting and allow for more security features on the board. Almost all B series boards lock the OC at a 3.8 (I have an Asrock one w/ bios update...locks at 3.8) I believe Asus may allow for OC past that with certain updates but you would have to look into it. I would suggest just buying an H series or Z series board that will allow you to adjust the OC as you please.

So how about Asus H97M-E http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H97ME/

If you are able to spend the extra $20 I would spring for the Z97 board. Although some brands have cracked Intel lock on overclocking on some H series boards I can't grantee it would work.

Z series are meant for OC and will be more reliable when doing so. Here is an asus itx on newegg

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16813132512&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-Intel+Motherboards-_-N82E16813132512&gclid=CjwKEAjwnKCrBRCm1YuPrtWW0QMSJAC-5UYkI2folRt7LUKianZLh2RZqTx8ei8fHFTLzp1SHvtbNxoClynw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Gigabyte B85M-D3H (only rev. 1, 1.1, 1.2)

@Micky Love,Plz Explain...

@Micky Love,Plz Explain...

in Canada and USA, we got the revision 1.0, 1.1 and 1,2. Those models have a more sturdy VRM (power section) with a different

heat sink, that way you can overvolt safely the v-core when you overclock your CPU. It's looks like you also got those models in

India but also rev. 2.0 with a flimsy power section, locked to 1.2v v-core.

http://www.gigabyte.in/search/search.aspx?kw=b85m-d3h#pr-1