"Dual battery" phone by Gionee - 6000mAh total capacity

Aniallation

Source: http://www.androidauthority.com/dual-battery-gionee-m5-611607/

Hmm... It looks like the battery is built in and not user replaceable, so why have two separate batteries instead of just one large single battery? Either way, 6000mAh sounds pretty badass for a phone with relatively low specs (and therefore power consumption). Too bad they couldn't squeeze in flagship components along with that giant battery.

While mobile tech innovators are busy trying to find new ways to optimize device battery life, Gionee has decided that a brute force approach might be easier. A new Gionee M5 smartphone has been spotted passing through China’s TENAA, featuring two 3,000mAh batteries for a mammoth 6,000mAh combined capacity.

Gionee-M5-TENAA-710x418.jpg

Early rumors are suggesting that the handset could last up to four days on a single charge. What is even more impressive is that the handset can continue to run with just a single battery inside, leaving you free to charge them up in an alternating pattern for as much juice as you’ll ever likely need.

However this extra capacity does make the Gionee M5 a little bulkier than most other smartphones. The handset measures around 8.5mm at its thickest and weighs in at 213 grams, which is notably heavier than most other handsets in the 5.5-inch market.

gionee-m5-battery.jpg

Other hardware specifications include a 5.5-inch 720p AMOLED display, a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, an 8 megapixel rear camera with 5 megapixel front facing companion, and Android 5.0 Lollipop installed as standard. Given the more mid-range specifications, the huge 6,000mAh battery capacity should go quite a long way.

We’re still waiting on a launch date and price, but some more details should appear soon.

"Rawr XD"

Phone makers need to wake up and realize that not everyone wants their phones to be insanely thin, my htc evo 4g lte that is 8.9mm thick is still more than thin enough for me. (Though its more like 9.2mm or so with my case on it)

Let this phone be an example! We need better battery life!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Phone makers need to wake up and realize that not everyone wants their phones to be insanely thin, my htc evo 4g lte that is 8.9mm thick is still more than thin enough for me. (Though its more like 9.2mm or so with my case on it)

Let this phone be an example! We need better battery life!

I don't really care how fucking thin my phone is! My fingers aren't spaghetti, I want better battery life and performance. I actually like a phone with some heft.  

Meh, got the Droid Turbo and it has excellent battery life and it's probably alot better in all the other areas too than this Chinese iPhone clone. 

The Droid Turbo also lacks an Android 5.0 update 6+ months after Lollipop was rolled out to GPe devices, it has an average if underwhelming camera, the carrier bloat is real and it's locked to one carrier. It's not a bad phone, but they're also not comparable.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The Droid Turbo also lacks an Android 5.0 update 6+ months after Lollipop was rolled out to GPe devices, it has an average if underwhelming camera, the carrier bloat is real and it's locked to one carrier. It's not a bad phone, but they're also not comparable.

All true,

the lack of a 5.0 update is a real kick in the teeth tho with the Motorola website still claiming it is going to get it and also with Android M launching relatively soon...

But to me it is still the best ~5.5inch device out right now, heck it even still is linus's personal phone!

All true,

the lack of a 5.0 update is a real kick in the teeth tho with the Motorola website still claiming it is going to get it and also with Android M launching relatively soon...

But to me it is still the best ~5.5inch device out right now, heck it even still is linus's personal phone!

Its going to be rolled out around June -_- way overdue

"Rawr XD"

but I already carry around a 10k battery around maybe mainstream phones can get  this too

am i the only person who doesnt have an issue with battery life on my phone. one plus one user, never had it die on me

am i the only person who doesnt have an issue with battery life on my phone. one plus one user, never had it die on me

i have a note 4 and even though it never died in a day i still have a second battery lol

Maybe it's two batteries because manufacturers don't make 6 Ah batteries, and 3 Ah is just off the shelf, or this is how they reduce the charging time, with cheaper 1 amp batteries, but 2 of them so they can use 2 amps

TBH 8.5mm is still pretty thin. This really seems like a cool idea and I hope other manufacturers follow.

It really isn't thick at all. My phone is ~20mm with my extended battery.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Is it an actuall 6000mAh battery or is the the standard brandless battery hypothetical maximum?

Example-

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China