New build case opinions.

Greetings everyone..

I am finalizing a new build and Its time to pick the case.. I have a few in mind but second opinions never hurt and also I have some questions about the ones I have selected..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First one Is NZXT s340

http://www.ncix.com/detail/nzxt-source-340-atx-steel-ad-100441.htm

Now I actually already have a build in this case and know I like it.. I also know it lacks airflow in the front

the second fan usually starves for air and I remove the front panel in order to get optimal airflow.. which is sad because it takes away the look of the case..

I would also like to know if anyone else has this case what their temps are with an AIO water cooler at the front.. if the graphics card starves for air or not and what the cpu is at.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second one is the NZXT H440

http://www.ncix.com/detail/nzxt-h440-atx-mid-tower-5b-94094-1382.htm

Obivously the big brother to the s340 with more features and sound dampening.. I like this case alot the only thing holding me back is I have seen many posts about the lack of airflow.. but unlike the s340 this actually has opening on the side of the front panel for air to get in.. so it doesn't seem like there should be a lack of airflow.. anyone have this case and wish to share the temps and experience with airflow with it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third is the Fractal Define S

http://www.ncix.com/detail/fractal-design-define-s-atx-b7-107764-1115.htm?affiliateid=7474144

This case seems like it has it all.. sounds dampening cuts in the front panel so airflow shouldn't be an issue at all.. the only thing missing that I fancy is the stealth psu cover.. obviously from the two cases above.. But atleast the side panel is high enough it covers the psu and what not unless you look down in it at an angle but oh well.. I also like how the drives can be 100% hidden in the back.. owners of this case can also share their temps if they wish.. and point out any downside if there is one..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any opinions are welcome as long as they're logical..

Also any other suggestions as long as they fit this same feel.

I feel like if you care about looks NZXT cases are good H440 if not the define s or define r5 is good s340 I think has better airflow that the h440 yet not a silent yet I'm pretty sure a define r5 is more silent. Depends on you functionality or looks.

I should also mention it will have an ATX motherboard in it.

New build

I5-4690k

evga z97 ftw

evga gtx 970 ftw+

evga 750watt psu

parts being debated

Case

AIO water cooler .. most likely NZXT

I feel like if you care about looks NZXT cases are good H440 if not the define s or define r5 is good s340 I think has better airflow that the h440 yet not a silent yet I'm pretty sure a define r5 is more silent. Depends on you functionality or looks.

Yes that is why im posting.. From what I wrote you should have gotten a hint of my taste.. I would like a balance of funtionality and looks.. so Im asking people with experience with these cases..

Go with the S340 looks great, has good thermal performance, and is easy af to build in. I have one and would have wanted no other case.

BTW get the Blue or Red edition if you can. Looks even better than plain black. Seriously sexy.

Edit: Get the Red edition! It would perfectly complement your mobo :D

I don't think the S340 restricts any airflow honestly. I don't have any issues with temps.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

I don't think the S340 restricts any airflow honestly. I don't have any issues with temps.

If you have the front panel on the bottom fan on the front starves somewhat.. I can tell because If I put my hand on the back pci-e slots I can feel air coming out if I have the front panel off.. but none if the front panel is on.. do you have an AIO watercooler at the front?

They all looks great, but none of them I would buy because I regard an optical drive as a must for all cases.  (even if it's a hinged door)

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

If you have the front panel on the bottom fan on the front starves somewhat.. I can tell because If I put my hand on the back pci-e slots I can feel air coming out if I have the front panel off.. but none if the front panel is on.. do you have an AIO watercooler at the front?

Nope, air cooler.

Don't think it's really that viable using a radiator as an intake.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

They all looks great, but none of them I would buy because I regard an optical drive as a must for all cases. (even if it's a hinged door)

Peronsal preference right.. its all good..

myself? I will never buy another case with an optical drive slot.. im glad its somewhat dying out.

I find it an ugly waste of space..

Nope, air cooler.

Don't think it's really that viable using a radiator as an intake.

Yeah I didn't think a radiator with an intake was that great either.. but then I noticed ALOT more people doing this even without the s340 ... So I guess it is someone viable now.

Enthoo Pro, or Luxe... just to change it up a bit.

yeah I actually followed the enthoo pro since pre release I thought It was the best case to ever hit the market until I saw the size of it.. its a pretty big case.. Still I was actually just looking at it as well..

You can't go wrong with any of those cases. I like NZXT cases for their silence and cable management. The power supply enclosure is a really good addition and the cables wont be a clusterfuck of a spaghetti monster.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.