Google partnering with Levi's to create "smart pants"

Aniallation

Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/google-partners-with-levis-for-smart-pants-2015-5?utm_source=mobilesrepublic&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=mobilesrepublic

Uhh... smart pants. Not sure how I feel about this. Is everything in our lives going to become "smart" soon??? O.o

What if you never had to pull out your phone to dismiss an incoming call? That's the type of future Google and Levi's are envisioning.

The two companies are partnering to create a pair of "smart" jeans that you can use to perform certain actions on your phone, Google announced during its annual I/O developer conference in San Francisco on Friday.

google-io-2015-atap0064.jpg?w=738

The move is part of a bigger initiative by Google called "Project Jacquard," which is essentially a type of smart yarn that would allow textile manufacturers to create electronic clothing more easily.

There's no word on when you'll actually be able to buy a pair of Levi's pants to come from the partnership. But we got an idea of how fabric with Google's special yarn woven inside would work. During a demo we saw on Thursday, we tapped a small section on a piece of fabric to pause and play music. You could also swipe the fabric to control volume. 

"Rawr XD"

In other news, accidental calls are up 3000%.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

yea.....ok....

My Old Rig: Phenom II X4 965 4.0 ghz, Asus Motherboard, 4 GB DDR3-1333, Antec Case and PSU, no video card atm

My New Rig: i5-4590, MSI Motherboard, 8 GB DDR3-1600, Corsair Case, XFX PSU, HD 7950

wow. google does everything these days

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

Could be nice.. I think something like gloves or a hat would be better. Talk on the phone by putting your hand up agaisnt your ear lol..

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

In other news, accidental calls are up 3000%.

Ass dialing struggles all over again

"Rawr XD"

So if these smart pants notices an erection will it automatically open the Tinder app?

levis 50i anyone?

It's a gimmick, I doubt I'll be rushing out to get these, largely because they'll cost an arm and a leg for a pair of jeans. I'll stick to cheaper clothing thanks.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim