Booting from Intel 750 400gb SSD

Bhstrumpet18

Hello!

I'm fairly new here..but recently built my own computer. I had installed my OS on a Samsung 850 Pro but bought an Intel 750 series and want to use it as my primary boot device.

I followed instructions on updating my bios (I have a rampage v extreme) and it recognized the drive in the PCI slot. I was even able to install windows 8.1 on the drive. Here is where I run into trouble however.

When I'm in bios and go to boot override and click on the Intel, it tries to boot, black screen..., then returns to bios. Windows is properly installed I believe because it shows up in Intel ssd toolbox.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Brent

install that NVMe driver from intel maybe.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Hello!

I'm fairly new here..but recently built my own computer. I had installed my OS on a Samsung 850 Pro but bought an Intel 750 series and want to use it as my primary boot device.

I followed instructions on updating my bios (I have a rampage v extreme) and it recognized the drive in the PCI slot. I was even able to install windows 8.1 on the drive. Here is where I run into trouble however.

When I'm in bios and go to boot override and click on the Intel, it tries to boot, black screen..., then returns to bios. Windows is properly installed I believe because it shows up in Intel ssd toolbox.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Brent

Use 'partition wizard free' to do a clone of your C:SamsungSSD to the 750Series (As long as the original drive space used up is lower than the capacity of the next drive)

When you load the program, click the copy button.

It will ask for a source/target drive, then it will reboot (cant copy files while windows has them open) and then in its own pre-windows application it does the 1:1 exact copy.

After that,.. reboot, set Bootorder to the 750, and see how she goes.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz