CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate HELP!

64dtz

Hello, this is my first post on the Linus Tech Tips forum, I am posting to hopefully get help with my CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate keyboard. The led backlighting isn't working, it works on the fn button and the num lock, caps lock and scroll lock lights but not on any of the other keys on the keyboard. I know there is a lighting mode button but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks,  

-bendeutz

Hey welcome to the forums, word of advice, follow your own posts, you will find the button in the top right hand corner. Second make sure you post a topic in the right sub-thread! 

Now, down to business, how long have you had the keyboard? If not long, it may be a faulty product and due for a replacement! 

Hope this helps! - Encoded

Hello, this is my first post on the Linus Tech Tips forum, I am posting to hopefully get help with my CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate keyboard. The led backlighting isn't working, it works on the fn button and the num lock, caps lock and scroll lock lights but not on any of the other keys on the keyboard. I know there is a lighting mode button but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks,  

-bendeutz

In order to change lighting modes you have to use the function lock, try using that.

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

If you are sure that you are holding function when using the lighting button and it still isn't working then you may have dead leds.

Who needs a computer when you have a toaster?

Hold down the RIGHT FN key, and F1 (Turn on LEDs) . If that doesnt work then try F4 (Change LED mode), Or F3 (Increase brightness)

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Hold down the RIGHT FN key, and F1 (Turn on LEDs) . If that doesnt work then try F4 (Change LED mode), Or F3 (Increase brightness)

Thank you so much!  I didnt realise there was a LED turn on key, I look like such an idiot  :lol: