Wiping my computer when upgrading to win 10. Will I still be able to use Microsoft office with the same product key?

Go to solution Solved by Mattrixx,

I actually brought an on-line copy of Office home and student not a CD version. But considering I still have the product key I should be fine. Right?

Well, here ya go. http://www.cnet.com/news/office-2013-licenses-can-now-be-transferred-to-another-pc/

And even then, you can install it on 3 PCs anyway, so you're still good.

Check here http://superuser.com/questions/829739/transferring-microsoft-office-2010-to-a-new-computer for experiences with transferring the 2013 edition. Worked fine.

As it says in the title my computer is currently full of junk and my files are a complete mess. So I wish to wipe my computer and install Win 10 when it comes out. However only this year I have brought a version of Microsoft office and I still have the product key written down. When I wipe my hard drives and start fresh will I be able to redownload it and renter the product code or will it reconsign my Microsoft account or something like that? Because I have only brought it recently it seems like a huge waste of money to have to buy it again! 

Thanks for your help!  :)

From the office keys I've seen building PCs for a local business, they let you install onto 3 machines, so it was just fine to use the same key, and I didn't have to worry about anything. Take a look at the box the CD came in though, assuming you bought a physical copy. That'll probably be the easiest and fastest way to know.

I don't do signatures.

if you log in with the same account, yes. 

(if you dont want to pay for Microsoft office anymore, please take a look at this free alternative, it has everything that Microsoft office has, and its FREE.)

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

I have an Microsoft office license. When my laptop was reset I found a way to reinstall it. I'm pretty sure it is linked with your Microsoft account.

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

As far as I am aware you wont be able to do 'clean' installs of Windows 10, you can only upgrade via a Windows Update.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

As far as I am aware you wont be able to do 'clean' installs of Windows 10, you can only upgrade via a Windows Update.

of course you can do a clean install

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

From the office keys I've seen building PCs for a local business, they let you install onto 3 machines, so it was just fine to use the same key, and I didn't have to worry about anything. Take a look at the box the CD came in though, assuming you bought a physical copy. That'll probably be the easiest and fastest way to know.

I actually brought an on-line copy of Office home and student not a CD version. But considering I still have the product key I should be fine. Right?

of course you can do a clean install

I remember reading that you will only be able to upgrade from 7>10 or 8/8.1>10 via a large Windows update. However I guess they will still be selling the usual W10 cd's etc.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I remember reading that you will only be able to upgrade from 7>10 or 8/8.1>10 via a large Windows update. However I guess they will still be selling the usual W10 cd's etc.

and you will be able to dl the ISO to

and you will be able to dl the ISO to

But will we be able to use 7/8 keys with the installer? as our keys wont be 'new' windows 10 keys. I guess we dont know yet. :P

But will we be able to use 7/8 keys with the installer? as our keys wont be 'new' windows 10 keys. I guess we dont know yet. :P

I was kinda wondering about that to......what keys do we put in

doesn't really matter tho...if you have to do the upgrade to activate

then all you do is install 10...do the activation on the upgrade...then backup the activation from 10...and format and do the clean install..then reapply the activation

I was kinda wondering about that to......what keys do we put in

doesn't really matter tho...if you have to do the upgrade to activate

then all you do is install 10...do the activation on the upgrade...then backup the activation from 10...and format and do the clean install..then reapply the activation

Yep or do the old trick of using a KMS Windows 10 key on install and using slui  in command prompt to switch the keys over to Windows 7/8 keys.

Well, here ya go. http://www.cnet.com/news/office-2013-licenses-can-now-be-transferred-to-another-pc/

Check here http://superuser.com/questions/829739/transferring-microsoft-office-2010-to-a-new-computer for experiences with transferring the 2013 edition. Worked fine.

I don't do signatures.

WOW thanks again you've realy helped me out :D

WOW thanks again you've realy helped me out :D

Np!  :D

I don't do signatures.