Why cant you buy 780's anymore ?

MrTopSodaPop

so my dad just gave me a EVGA 780 FTW card that he hadnt even open has just had it sitting there for the pass 6 months,,

anyway i thought hell sure ill take it,, it will run the games i want to play just saved my having to buy a GPU so im happy,,, so i thought maybe if they arent that much ill just buy a 2nd for whatever reason sinch i had a little saved for a gpu already 

but i cant find any in Australia i even checked newegg and amazon but they dont have it 

so how come they dont sell anymore?

thanks for any help 

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Because the GTX 970 replaced it.

Because GTX 980

thats what NVidia does, when a new generation of the 50, 60, 70, or 80 card comes out, they stop selling the old one

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

-snip-

They don't make 'm anymore.

Often when you see new 780's, they are quite expensive too because of that reason.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Because the GTX 970 replaced it.

Because GTX 980

thats what NVidia does, when a new generation of the 50, 60, 70, or 80 card comes out, they stop selling the old one

They're last generation cards and discontinued. They've been replaced by the GTX 970 which performs slightly better, but unfortunately you cannot use them in SLI with a 780.

They don't make 'm anymore.

Often when you see new 780's, they are quite expensive too because of that reason.

well dammmmm that kinda sucks but yea i get it oh well looks like im stuck with the one until i need to upgrade thanks guys  

Holy shit you're right  :o

well i guess i can kiss my sli plan goodbye..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

well dammmmm that kinda sucks but yea i get it oh well looks like im stuck with the one until i need to upgrade thanks guys  

You could probably find a used one in local classifieds

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Holy shit you're right  :o

well i guess i can kiss my sli plan goodbye..

buy a used one.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

You may be able to find one used on ebay or something like that. They are also sond on forums now and again

900 series replaced it but like others said, e-bay or the equivalent there. I have found some used one's on Amazon also.

Ran by coffee

buy a used one.

I prefer having a warranty

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

buy used man. ebay or local classified

some come with warranty

If the used one isn't too old it may still have a warranty. Esp from EVGA as they usually have pretty good warranties

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Warranties are overrated and ban you from doing fun things. Forget about the warranty, buy a used 780, and overclock it until it combusts. 10/10, best idea ever.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Warranties are overrated 

Dont know if sarcasm or dumbest thing I've ever heard ;)

No offense either way 

If it was indeed brand new, you could've sold it on ebay and possibly have gotten 2 970's with the money from the card, and the money you saved up.

They sell on Amazon, atleast in the UK they do.

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

Warranties are overrated and ban you from doing fun things. Forget about the warranty, buy a used 780, and overclock it until it combusts. 10/10, best idea ever.

If it ain't ASUS', cause the voltage is locked at 1.212v, yes, with skynet's custom BIOS. T_T

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Dont know if sarcasm or dumbest thing I've ever heard ;)

No offense either way 

Lil bit of both. Sometimes I encourage people to make arguably bad decisions because it sounds like a fun time. Where's the excitement in life if you never take risks? And honestly, a used GTX 780 isn't much of a risk at all. If you look at the average life spans of GPUs, odds are they will either die in the first 3 months of use or go strong for a couple decades/until retirement. If a GTX 780 is still fully functional at this point, then you have nothing to worry about.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB