1500€ (~1650$) for a stylish gaming rig

After 5 years of using laptops only I decided to build my own computer again. The last few I built were kinda like: Get the best for the cheapest price, no matter the looks or quality. This time however my mind went a little crazy and I wanted to do something special.

I will use this one for gaming (Witcher 3, GTA V, Space Citizen if it'll ever be released), writing/office (A LOT, I'm studying translations), watching movies, and (from time to time) doing 3D animations/video editing (importance in this order).

As I was using ONLY laptops for such a long time, I have neither a keyboard nor a monitor so I also need suggestions for those parts (I do have a neat mouse though). As much as I'd like to have the Corsair Vengeance K70, I am pretty sure that it will be to pricey but I'm sticking with the idea of a mechanical keyboard. Unfortunately I care a lot about the looks of my system this time so it will be hard for me to stay in my price range.

This is what I came up with on my own so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8RY2GX

I am aware that the new Radeon GPUs are right around the corner (or even overdue) and I will consider waiting for those to look if they offer a better alternative (or maybe lead to a price drop of current GPUs). Also please bear in mind that I'm from Germany and that prices between the US and Europe vary a lot (I'm particularly jealous that graphics cards and power supplies are WAY cheaper in the US). My general color theme is black/red and maybe you can see it from the parts I picked: I am a sucker for brushed aluminum.

I am also aware that 1080p on a 27 inch monitor is not perfect. However, I really want to have 27 inch but I don't want to spend another 100 bucks on the monitor. As I'm going to overclock the system (for the first time ever) I have no idea how much power I'll need but I am pretty sure that the Corsair 550 should be enough. To top off this impossible project it should be as quiet as possible. The reviews I can find online are not really helpful if it comes to the noise aspect. I also lack speakers but I'll tackle that problem later. Please let me know your thoughts!

That build looks solid so far, but you might want to cover up the PSU label as the green will stick out like a sore thumb.

Also looking at a red gpu like a MSI, or asus one (if the price is not too much) could extenuate the red and black theme even further.

Overclocking generally does not increase power total system power draw any more than 20-30W (with one gpu), so unless you are doing anything extreme, it should be fine.

Edit: That PSU will be fine for now, however having 650W might allow you to have wiggle room for sli down the road (I know that it is more expensive and I know how you feel)

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($86.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($135.18 @ Newegg) 

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 

Monitor: Asus VX279Q 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($261.98 @ Newegg) 

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($119.95 @ Amazon) 

Total: $1550.66

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-29 12:55 EDT-0400

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Ah I should have mentioned that the case is irreplacable. Except you can offer me something similar (the Lianli ones are so awesome but not practical). I did look into the MSI 970 and it costs 20 € less than my current choice but I heard the Zotac is a hell of a beast performance wise (if overclocked).

EDIT: Is the EVGA Supernova so much better than the corsair? I see it's +100 Watt and fully-modular but here in Germany it costs 20€ more (~90$ total)

Neither PSUs are very good. The CSM is overpriced, and the NEX is not very well built

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

I love those kind of replies. You know that it isn't really helpful if you just call out the bad things without naming any alternatives?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

The modular version of the seasonic looks nice but also costs 90€. What's so bad about the corsair? It's the cheapest 550w PSU that is modular and from a known brand. Doesn't seem overpriced to me. Except that every PSU seems to be overpriced when I'm thinking back 5 years ...

For what it is (a mediocre 550W) it's overpriced is what I mean

Are you buying in Euros/in Europe?

Yes, as i said I live in Germany. And yes it might be overpriced but then every other PSU is overpriced as well.

Hm, are you buying from somewhere like caseking I assume? I know there are some good PSU deals there sometimes

Mindfactory.de is the cheapest at the moment. To keep shipping costs low I'll try to buy everything in one package.

Made by ATNG, not so sure that's a great unit. I suppose you can stick with the Corsair, it's not that bad but if it does what you want with the cables and looks etc, I can't sway you :)

Oh I will definately look if I can use the antec. I already thought about custom cables for the looks, I just dont know if it fits in my budget. Thanks for the input.

The modular version of the seasonic looks nice but also costs 90€. What's so bad about the corsair? It's the cheapest 550w PSU that is modular and from a known brand. Doesn't seem overpriced to me. Except that every PSU seems to be overpriced when I'm thinking back 5 years ...

If necessary, drop the quiet edition fan and use the funds to get a better psu.

Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620, 620W ATX 2.3 (0761345-06208-4/0761345-06209-1)

Sea Sonic M12II-620 Bronze 620W ATX (SS-620GM)

XFX XTR Series 650W ATX 2.31 (P1-650B-BEFX)

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Is there a big difference between the evo and the standard m12II-620?

http://geizhals.at/?fs=Sea+Sonic+M12II-620&in=

EDIT: I heard that the stock coolers that corsair ships with  their h80i are pretty loud. But I could try without the quiet edition first.

Is there a big difference between the evo and the standard m12II-620?

http://geizhals.at/?fs=Sea+Sonic+M12II-620&in=

EDIT: I heard that the stock coolers that corsair ships with  their h80i are pretty loud. But I could try without the quiet edition first.

The EVO model is newer and slightly better.

Fans are easily replaced. Try the stock one(s) first.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Okay so I switched things up to make it a little cheaper.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($339.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: BitFenix Pandora MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($126.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Dell U2414H 60Hz 23.8" Monitor  ($267.00 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($119.95 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1557.03
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-31 10:48 EDT-0400

The MSI 970 is apperently also pretty good at overclocking and 8 gb of RAM should be enough. But I absolutely have no clue about the monitor as my local stores don't have them. 27 inch might be a little to expensive (and mabye the 1080p are not enough, heck I dont know).