Trying to start up a youtube gaming channel

I'm attempting a youtube gaming channel and I need suggestions on equipment and software.

Not looking to spend too much money though so I need help!

a beast gaming pc

FX 8350, Crosshair formula z, GTX 980Ti (reference), Enthoo Lux, XFX 750w PSU, 16GB Hyper x Fury, 120Gb SSD, 1TB HDD Samsung drive, 1TB WD Black

I'm attempting a youtube gaming channel and I need suggestions on equipment and software.

Not looking to spend too much money though so I need help!

Blue snowball, Abobe CC, PC, Camera etc

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Blue snowball, Abobe CC, PC, Camera etc

Audio Technica AT2020USB would be a better choice if he can fit it in his budget.

And for a gaming channel, a camera isn't really needed.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

a beast gaming pc

I believe that OP will be recording console games, and making youtube videos about them, because he posted this in the "Console Gaming" section. Although he will need a PC to edit and upload the videos on.

RIG: CPU: i5 6600k @4.8GHz 1.34v  CPU Cooler: H100i  Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR  RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 2400 (2x8GB)

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 2TB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB/PNY 240GB  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  PSU: EVGA G2 650W

Please use PcPartPicker, and paste the "BB" code when posting your build!

Looking to record console games

I believe that OP will be recording console games, and making youtube videos about them, because he posted this in the "Console Gaming" section. Although he will need a PC to edit and upload the videos on.

didn't read that haha 

FX 8350, Crosshair formula z, GTX 980Ti (reference), Enthoo Lux, XFX 750w PSU, 16GB Hyper x Fury, 120Gb SSD, 1TB HDD Samsung drive, 1TB WD Black

You can use FREE software when you start out ( Imovie, Windows Movie Maker, VSDC Free Video Capture, WeVideo) that's FREE editing software. For a mic you obviously have a console, so if you can use the mic for YouTube but if not then get the blue snowball. The camera can come down the road but best webcam is the Logitech C920. You can get noncopyright game play off YouTube for awhile until you want a capture device, go with the AVerMedia CV710 GamerZone ExtremeCap U3 or Elgato Game Capture HD60 for a capture device, they both recored 60fps and 1080p but if your on a budget you can get their little brothers the Elgato Game Capture HD or the Avermedia C285 Game Capture HD II. I strongly suggest to go the cheap/free route until you decide you like YouTube, its hard work. Don't even try to make YouTube videos if you just want money or to be famous cause then you will hate the results. Good luck and have fun!

You can use FREE software when you start out ( Imovie, Windows Movie Maker, VSDC Free Video Capture, WeVideo) that's FREE editing software. For a mic you obviously have a console, so if you can use the mic for YouTube but if not then get the blue snowball. The camera can come down the road but best webcam is the Logitech C920. You can get noncopyright game play off YouTube for awhile until you want a capture device, go with the AVerMedia CV710 GamerZone ExtremeCap U3 or Elgato Game Capture HD60 for a capture device, they both recored 60fps and 1080p but if your on a budget you can get their little brothers the Elgato Game Capture HD or the Avermedia C285 Game Capture HD II. I strongly suggest to go the cheap/free route until you decide you like YouTube, its hard work. Don't even try to make YouTube videos if you just want money or to be famous cause then you will hate the results. Good luck and have fun!

Dude thanks so much this is perfect!

they both record 60fps and 1080p

If only the consoles could do 60FPS at 1080p...

RIG: CPU: i5 6600k @4.8GHz 1.34v  CPU Cooler: H100i  Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR  RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 2400 (2x8GB)

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 2TB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB/PNY 240GB  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  PSU: EVGA G2 650W

Next gen ;)

you might wanna know xb1 plays bf4 at 720p and ps4 at 900p and only get like 30fps

you might wanna know xb1 plays bf4 at 720p and ps4 at 900p and only get like 30fps

It gets 60 fps not sure about resolution. 

It gets 60 fps not sure about resolution. 

They may support up to 60FPS, but tend to hover around the 30FPS mark when playing games. You will only get the smooth 60FPS when you are at the home screen, or when streaming video.

They may support up to 60FPS, but tend to hover around the 30FPS mark when playing games. You will only get the smooth 60FPS when you are at the home screen, or when streaming video.

yep ;)

Lol

Let us know when you make the channel. I'd like to see how it turns out =)

there's no "hovering" its v-synced. so its either 30 or 60. some games support 60, some don't. its a 350$ piece of hardware and not everyone likes 60 fps, so developers have to make a choice. and clearly its more popular for more eye candy. 

there's no "hovering" its v-synced. so its either 30 or 60. some games support 60, some don't. its a 350$ piece of hardware and not everyone likes 60 fps, so developers have to make a choice. and clearly its more popular for more eye candy. 

Their actually starting to NOT use Vsync in various console titles too.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Their actually starting to NOT use Vsync in various console titles too.

oh really? I haven't kept up to much with newer xbone games. I thought they where all v-synced

VMdPgHE.png

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

oh really? I haven't kept up to much with newer xbone games. I thought they where all v-synced

A good chunk of console games starting with the PS3 and X360  gen use adaptive sync so if they drop below 30 they deactivate vsync for better responsiveness

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

A good chunk of console games starting with the PS3 and X360  gen use adaptive sync so if they drop below 30 they deactivate vsync for better responsiveness

30fps cap is crucially also added to Xbox One with this update, at last evening out its frame-pacing to give smoother results.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-does-the-witcher-3-patch-103-fix-console-performance

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Witcher 3, the Xbox1 was not using Vsync (not a static 30fps, but higher at times), but they turned it on for "consistency".

30fps cap is crucially also added to Xbox One with this update, at last evening out its frame-pacing to give smoother results.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-does-the-witcher-3-patch-103-fix-console-performance

It was vsyncd, it just was unlocked, 60Hz vsync instead of 30 like PS4, it was a bug