Acer 28" XB280HK?

MVPernula

Well so I've basically had my Asus ROG Swift for a few months now and I started noticing that when my computer goes to sleep mode and the screen turns black I have to turn ALL the power off to get the screen to work again. After doing this a few times (5-7 times max) it died completely, I can get it turned on again but I don't want to have it like this. After some research I find out that this is quite a common issue with this screen and I'm not willing to have it.

Therefore I'm looking in to Acer's XB280HK instead and I wonder if you have anything to say about this thing? 

4k gsync might be something to behold... 

But i suggest holding out a bit for 4k IPS gsync that coming soon... from asus tho, so see for yourself

man that stinks with your Swift... lots of mixed reviews on the 4K Acer. Mostly positive though if you have the GPU to drive it

Dual GTX 970's!

4k gsync might be something to behold... 

But i suggest holding out a bit for 4k IPS gsync that coming soon... from asus tho, so see for yourself

Definetly, though I'm changing it soon since my SWIFT is broken, don't wanna go 1080p on dual 970's.

Sorry to break it to you but G1 Gaming here!

:o

TBH the Acer 4k was on sale this week and I posted several times and read many reviews on it then watched youtube videos etc. It looks real nice. Turns out MicroCenter here has this monitor and the Swift on display on the floor so my final bit of research will be done in person this weekend to see for myself!

I was all set to buy the Acer until I saw his skyrim wasn't too great. My skyrim is extremely modded with enbs as well. I bought the swift and it's been great but part of me still wonders if I should have at least tried the Acer. They have refurbished on eBay for $499. Considering maybe pulling the trigger and see if I prefer one over the other and doing a Craigslist sale afterwards. I got two 980 strix in sli powering things but if my skyrim suffers I'd have to let 4k go until we get better gpus.

PC Specs : Click here

I was all set to buy the Acer until I saw his skyrim wasn't too great. My skyrim is extremely modded with enbs as well. I bought the swift and it's been great but part of me still wonders if I should have at least tried the Acer. They have refurbished on eBay for $499. Considering maybe pulling the trigger and see if I prefer one over the other and doing a Craigslist sale afterwards. I got two 980 strix in sli powering things but if my skyrim suffers I'd have to let 4k go until we get better gpus.

OMG Dude DONT!! I read a few times Skyrim even with a few mods is not good on the 4k monitor!! when i get time later I can link the webpages but Skyrim stuck out among many people who tried this monitor!

I remember thinking to myself I dont play skyrim or any FPS so it would bother me too much. some reviews were running Titan X single and SLi and still Skyrim wasnt too great

OMG Dude DONT!! I read a few times Skyrim even with a few mods is not good on the 4k monitor!! when i get time later I can link the webpages but Skyrim stuck out among many people who tried this monitor!

I remember thinking to myself I dont play skyrim or any FPS so it would bother me too much. some reviews were running Titan X single and SLi and still Skyrim wasnt too great

Thanks, I'm kinda glad I did go with the Swift then. I don't have buyers remorse, I was thinking I should have tried. I'll stick with what I have which is working quite well.

PC Specs : Click here

Thanks, I'm kinda glad I did go with the Swift then. I don't have buyers remorse, I was thinking I should have tried. I'll stick with what I have which is working quite well.

Your Swift doing it's job btw? Since this post is caused due to my fauly one. 

Can you relate to my issue?