SilverStone gave Kitguru a sneak peek of their three new cases (including the first computer case featuring USB Type-C ports)

Kitguru has an interview with SilverStone in their headquarter in Taiwan, and they were given a sneak peek of three new chassis which will reveal in Computex this year. They are the alumium-made TJ08-Pro, Precision PS07-E and CS-380. All of them are micro-ATX chassis, and based on the same frame, they are  are very different and are designed for different types of computers, and (at least) one of them would be the first case to feature USB 3.1 type-C ports.

Silverstone-Chassis-Launch-Computex-2015

One of the chassis is designed for maximum noise suppression, another is aimed at customers with extreme storage requirements and the third one is made specifically for enthusiasts, who prefer small form-factor micro-ATX platforms.

“The usage scenarios we had in mind were noise suppression, extreme storage and something for the serious micro ATX enthusiast”, said Tony.

The first case is TJ08-Pro, which its prototype was revealed on a press event in Japan last month ( http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355474-silverstone-revealed-the-prototype-of-tj08-pro-a-case-based-on-the-tj08-e/). From the photos it seems it doesn't change much from its prototype. It still features a normal ATX layout, 2 3.5" HDD cages, 1 5.25" drive bay, 1 (probably) 180mm fan, and etc.  According to Tony Ou, Silverstone’s Technical Marketing guru, TJ08-Pro is designed for enthusiasts, who prefer small form-factor micro-ATX cases which can handle power-hungry and overclocked components.

“The TJ08-Pro is aimed at the enthusiast market, with the best air flow ever for a micro ATX chassis,” said Mr. Ou. “We tweaked every part of the design to ensure optimal airflow for the CPU and GPU as well as creating the best possible overall ambient temperatures inside.”

Silverstone-TJ08-Pro-chassis-KitGuru-Wor

Interestingly, according to Tony, TJ08-Pro will feature 2 USB 3.1 Type-C ports on the front panel.

post-32565-0-03748300-1432898427.jpg
A pair of USB 3.1 Type-C ports on the TJ08-Pro

Yet another impressive feature of the TJ08-Pro are two USB 3.1 type-C reversible ports on the front panel. The new case from Silverstone will be one of the first cases with USB type-C receptacles in the DIY market.
“We are also proud to reveal that it has a pair of USB Type C connectors on the facia,” we were told. “We’re expecting to see a lot more of this in 2015.”

*PS: there are no words on whether the PS07-E and CS-380 will feature USB 3.1 Type-C ports or not...

Kitguru estimated the TJ08-Pro may price around the £89 inc vat in the U.K. , and SilverStone may announce the official pricing of this case shortly.

The second case revealed is the Precision PS07-E, which is a micro-ATX chassis with maximum noise suppression.

Different from TJ08-Pro, PS07-E's chassis is made from plastic and steel, and it features a sealed front panel , several bezel modifications, 2 silent 120mm fans (instead of a 180mm fan in TJ-08 Pro/PS07), and noise reduction materials in the chassis. To reduce the nose to a minimum, SilverStone even experimented different vent sizes and angles along the side to see which variation reduced noise the most.

Silverstone-Precision-PS07-E-chassis-Kit

Silverstone-Chassis-Launch-Computex-2015

Of course, noise is not the only problem SilverStone encounter when they design this chassis.

“Another feature that was difficult to achieve was the bulges in the side panels”, Tony told us. “This additional space really helps with cable routing, but when you are working toward a price point, the metal panels are quite thin and the process to bend the metal becomes complicated. This was the point where the factory R&D guys really came into their own. They developed a special technique that not only made it easy for us to create the shape – the shape itself actually adds to the rigidity of the chassis overall”.

Again, no words on pricing, but Kitguru believe this case may priced lower than the TJ08-Pro.

The last case is the CS-380,  which I may said this is the M-ATX version of the DS-380.

Since all three cases shared the same chassis, the 2 3.5" HDD cages in TJ08-Pro and PS07-E were swapped to a pair of four-drive back planes in CS-380.  Together with a 5.25” drive and four bays for 2.5” drives,  the CS-380 can hold up to thirteen storage devices.

Silverstone-CS-380-chassis-KitGuru-World

post-32565-0-33017700-1432898541.jpg
One of the four-drive back planes in CS-380

Also, different from the other 2 cases, which the internals were painted black, CS-380 inner panels lack of any paints, and Tony offered an explanation of this.

“It has to be that way”, explained Tony Ou. “As well as PC enthusiasts who want a massive amount of internal, hot-swappable storage, we also believe that this chassis will be attractive for professional storage companies that want to build products like bespoke NAS devices. In that situation, painting the internals actually impacts the EM profile of the package in a negative way.”

Kitguru estimated the price of CS-380 could be around £165 inc vat.

This is just a sneak peek of these 3 cases, we may know more in Computex 2015 next week.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cases/anton-shilov/silverstone-shows-three-new-chassis-and-answers-kitgurus-questions/

*HardwareCanucks confirmed the header for the USB Type-C will be the old USB 3.0 19 pin header.

they really should me a micro ATX case without any 5.25 bays like the S340

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

if it becomes more common in the next year I may build my new system in it next summer. Just depends.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

They look extremely cheap.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The TJ08-Pro is looking to be my next case if it turns up for around (preferably under) $100.

Also, I've looked around and there are plenty of USB C add in cards, but no motherboard header support. That might be a problem.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Finally something that isn't stupid that is using their 180mm fan. And still it's a product I have no use for. A stackable mATX case like the Thermaltake V21 please Silverstone. With the 180mm intake. How hard can it be.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

snip

are you referencing the fact that he doesn't know that you can turn fans around and that their flow orientation is not dependent on whether they are in front or behind a radiator? because that made me lol

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

As much as I love Silverstone products, their non itx case just look too plain and cannot compete with fractal.

Their itx however are extremely good and in a league on its own.

Hmm, I'm between this and an Enthoo Primo for when Zen/Cannonlake roll around.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Really hope there is more space behind the motherboard tray than it looks.

I think case manufactures need to start doing new things to make ATX sized cases more efficient or different. They are starting to stagnate in design. I would like to see more cube cases with 2 compartments like the Air 540 but from other vendors and improvements on the same concept. I know Lian Li does a few but they have the PSU in with the mobo and they cost and arm and a leg. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The real question is what does a usb 3.1 header look like?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I am really interested in the full specs for the CS-380.  I have been looking for a home NAS box and the DS380 is a bit tight to work in and I was hoping for a micro-ATX board to get more RAM slots.  As long as it isn't too big, the CS-380 looks perfect for this.

Fractal Design Define R5 | i7-4790k | Corsair H80 | Asus Z97-Pro WiFi | 2 x EVGA GTX 970 SSC+ | 16GB G.Skill Sniper@1866MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB | 1TB + 750GB drives | EVGA 750W G2 | 27" BenQ IPS 1440p@60Hz | Windows 10

The real question is what does a usb 3.1 header look like?

Probably the same 19-pin as before

"Rawr XD"

Probably the same 19-pin as before

HardwareCanucks comfirmed yr suspicion...