Problem with TV

Go to solution Solved by 0x550x42,

Got the answer, the TV itself detects when I start a game the sets it to game mode.. :D

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with my Samsung TV, when I hook up my laptop to the TV via HDMI, I can't choose the "Game Mode" as it gets grayed out. Game Mode actually provides 100Hz refresh rate as per the TV manual and when you exit from game mode, you get 60Hz.

Also, there is a HDMI button on the TV's remote control and when I press it while the laptop is connected, I get into game mode for 2 seconds but then it sets it back to normal again. What do I do to keep it there? Or am I missing out something? Or is it related to HDMI version?

There are 2 HDMI ports, and I have tried both of 'em... 

There's always a way...

Your TV probably doesn't support 100HZ, your laptops screen may allow for 100Hz but the TV (considering it is a TV, not a gaming monitor) most-likely only supports 60Hz.

If the TV does actually support 100HZ then you can set a custom resolution. I am going to have to look up how a guide for how to, and if it can be done with laptops in general.

What laptop do you have? What GPU does it have, intel, AMD, Nvidia? My guess is Nvidia.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Your TV probably doesn't support 100HZ, your laptops screen may allow for 100Hz but the TV (considering it is a TV, not a gaming monitor) most-likely only supports 60Hz.

If the TV does actually support 100HZ then you can set a custom resolution. I am going to have to look up how a guide for how to, and if it can be done with laptops in general.

What laptop do you have? What GPU does it have, intel, AMD, Nvidia? My guess is Nvidia.

Laptop: Sony VAIO E-Series with AMD Radeon 7550M GPU.

And I can agree that my TV may not support 100Hz but why is it not allowing me to set it to game mode...

There's always a way...

Got the answer, the TV itself detects when I start a game the sets it to game mode.. :D

There's always a way...