Graphics Card Choice

Ty_1000

Hi Everybody. First off, let me appologize now for what I am sure has been asked on a daily basis... but as I have learnt every computer and persons needs are diffrent.

I just built my first computer but am missing a key part, the GPU. There are so many options out there and I have no idea how to choose, or what the diffrence between the Nvidia 700, 800, 900 series are.... and then on top of trying to figure out the diffrence between the series I get confused trying to figure out the numbers after the series (ie, 960, 970, 980)

So, My needs. Building the computer basically for gaming, a bit of video rendering, and some office work. I want to be able to play newer games such as GTA5 on max settings. Money isn't to much of a problem, but if I can save some cash then awesome. I feel like a Titain is overkill for my needs.

I'm bias to Nvidia and prefer their cards.

Thanks for helping this newb out :P

Get a GTX 980 from EVGA or Gigabyte. Or wait for the 980ti. I think it's gonna be $650-$800 and its competing VERY well with the titan x according to some benchmarks that was from it.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Budget?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

id go for a GTX 960, very nice GPU and is very cost efficient ! :) you can even SLI it if you want

Um.. Hmm one problem. That won't play GTA Max settings. The 4gb version does nothing and is even worse.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Budget?

Said money isn't a problem but would rather save money.

snip

970s or 980Ti if you need that much more.

980 is overprice for it's performance, same as Titan X.

960 is a good card, but you probably want a bit more horsepower.

Hi Everybody. First off, let me appologize now for what I am sure has been asked on a daily basis... but as I have learnt every computer and persons needs are diffrent.

I just built my first computer but am missing a key part, the GPU. There are so many options out there and I have no idea how to choose, or what the diffrence between the Nvidia 700, 800, 900 series are.... and then on top of trying to figure out the diffrence between the series I get confused trying to figure out the numbers after the series (ie, 960, 970, 980)

So, My needs. Building the computer basically for gaming, a bit of video rendering, and some office work. I want to be able to play newer games such as GTA5 on max settings. Money isn't to much of a problem, but if I can save some cash then awesome. I feel like a Titain is overkill for my needs.

I'm bias to Nvidia and prefer their cards.

Thanks for helping this newb out :P

970 or 980 first for 1080p and second for 1440p

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Said money isn't a problem but would rather save money.

970 can almost max out GTA, if you can live with turning down advanced settings.

980 if you really want to max it out

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Ok Cool. Thanks for the speedy reply everybody!! I guess my next question then would be which company in your opinion has the better, more reliable cards, EVGA, ASUS, MSI, Etc.

Ok Cool. Thanks for the speedy reply everybody!! I guess my next question then would be which company in your opinion has the better, more reliable cards, EVGA, ASUS, MSI, Etc.

EVGA or Gigabyte,, for a 970 gigabyte, 980 EVGA

ok thank you for clearing that up

Yeah basically the 4gb version is the exact same as the 2gb version. After you start using more then 2gb of ?vram it is basically pushing the card firther then what it caan do.