Test Build - Heatsink Orientation

BKL

By mistake, I installed my heatsink orientation the wrong way for my test build.  I'll be water cooling the computer but have a fan for the test build.  I'm just using the test build to make sure the components run and then removing the fan heatsink to do the full installation with the water cooled system.  What I mean is the fan was installed perpendicular instead of parellell to the RAM chips.  In most instances, it would be parrellel I believe so you can get the RAM chips in.  I can still fit all the RAM in on my test build and I don't want to have to reinstall the heatsink and thermal paste just for a test build that will only be in operation for a few minutes. 

Is that okay?  It seems like since the test build is outside the case, it would be just fine for simple testing.  The heatsink is square so it still covers all of the CPU.  I'm using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.  Again, this is just a test build and the ultimate build will be using a water cooler heatsink. 

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you!

You won't have any issues.

Edit: As long as the CPU is completely covered.

sold

you are fine

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

You mean that its horizontal orientation instead of vertical ("normal")? Orientation doesn't matter for temps, nor does wheter fan is push or pull. Only if you put fan wrong way so that its working against exhaust fans, it would be problem.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv