Need louder Headphones

SgnomeKing

I bought audio technica ath-m50x abought a year ago. While fantastic on my phone. When i connect them to my PC they are not loud enough. Is this a limitation of the headphones of of the pc? I connected them to 2 pc's and both low volume at max. 1 was a laptop (understandable. The second is a z97-G43 msi motherboard. no dedicated sound audio but I wasn't sure if that would have made it sound louder anyways. I want loud headphone. Do I need an amp? if so what kind? I know PC hardware but not audio Im so uninformed in this area.

Please help.

No real price point either I just want loud headphones. that keep that sound quality.

You need a good soundcard or an external amp, I would go for an Asus Xonar card (any of them) but if you want more flexibility and the ability to use it with other devices check Linus' review of amps, he'd made many of those!

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

Than do I need a Asus Xonar card or an amp. This is where I get confused. I will buy any amp that increases my headset volume. I just need it loud. I hate the stock volume.

Than do I need a Asus Xonar card or an amp. This is where I get confused. I will buy any amp that increases my headset volume. I just need it loud. I hate the stock volume.

SMSL sap II. Blow your ears in.

I bought audio technica ath-m50x abought a year ago. While fantastic on my phone. When i connect them to my PC they are not loud enough. Is this a limitation of the headphones of of the pc? I connected them to 2 pc's and both low volume at max. 1 was a laptop (understandable. The second is a z97-G43 msi motherboard. no dedicated sound audio but I wasn't sure if that would have made it sound louder anyways. I want loud headphone. Do I need an amp? if so what kind? I know PC hardware but not audio Im so uninformed in this area.

Please help.

No real price point either I just want loud headphones. that keep that sound quality.

Your phone should actually have less volume then your pc, are you sure you tested it on two pcs? test it again on a friends pc, that thing doesn't need a dac/amp and if it did I wouldn't get a soundcard.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Your phone should actually have less volume then your pc, are you sure you tested it on two pcs? test it again on a friends pc, that thing doesn't need a dac/amp and if it did I wouldn't get a soundcard.

I've had 2 personal PC's A $2200 laptop (don't judge its was a portable laptop/ gaming device for working in northern Alberta and the rigs a laptop is the only thing that worked.)

I juist need an amp that will inrease the voume more than a top the line laptop and a mid range pc.

I've had 2 personal PC's A $2200 laptop (don't judge its was a portable laptop/ gaming device for working in northern Alberta and the rigs a laptop is the only thing that worked.)

I juist need an amp that will inrease the voume more than a top the line laptop and a mid range pc.

Grab fiio E10K since it runs on USB and small enough to be switched between PC and laptop

Grab fiio E10K since it runs on USB and small enough to be switched between PC and laptop

You could also get a Fiio E07k if you want something even smaller, that will work on any portable device that you find isn't loud enough. It's a more versatile (although a bit more expensive) solution. Generally any Fiio amp and/or dac should do just fine, and they are generally inexpensive for the build quality that you get. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

You could also get a Fiio E07k if you want something even smaller, that will work on any portable device that you find isn't loud enough. It's a more versatile (although a bit more expensive) solution. Generally any Fiio amp and/or dac should do just fine, and they are generally inexpensive for the build quality that you get. 

Agreed on more versatile and mobile, but disagree on the size. E07k is a bit bigger and heavier (because of the battery) than the E10

Agreed on more versatile and mobile, but disagree on the size. E07k is a bit bigger and heavier (because of the battery) than the E10

Is it really!? Huh, I had no idea. My E07k is absolutely diminutive, so I just assumed.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

SMSL sap II. Blow your ears in.

ok... I just bought it. $66.98 CAD I'm hoping this is good. I'll update when I receive it.