Issues with Both dedicated, and integrated GPU?

Long story short,

I rma'd my gpu (sapphire 7970 ghz edd.), it had a broken fan for about a year,

One day I booted up my PC and could not get a picture (not even the bios screen)

so for the next 3.5 weeks I had to use the integrated GPU on my i7 (3770k)

I noticed a strange issue where every few 10 mins or so one or both of my screens would glitch out a bit (kinda like the flash you get on your second screen when you alt-tab out of a game, or switch from windowed to full screen.)

I just figured it was Intel HD not liking the fact that I had dual monitors, (I am on the latest driver)

and even though it would happen when I was web browsing, I did not think much of it.

anyway, today the replacement card came in. (had some obvious signs of wear)

and I plugged it in, and it had the same issue!

I figured it was DOA, but I went ahead and plugged it into my second slot, and what do you know it worked!

...well at least the PC was able to boot.

I tested it in some games, and in crysis 3 on v.high, after about 8-10 seconds the screen would glitch then both monitors would be covered in stripes, some times green and light green, some times a yellow-ish color, and other times the screen would turn a light blue.

some times it would turn back to normal with the game crashing, and I am informed that my drivers have crashed, other times it would just hang.

I updated to the latest beta drivers, and even tried underclocking my gpu AND memory to 800mhz. and I even tried using an extra cable I had to have my GPU power be connected directly to my power supply ( 750W) no luck.

I also tried shadow of mordor (before today's patch) and I could barely load the world before my GPU would freak out.

normal browsing, and web video play back cause no problems.

Any Ideas how I can fix this,

I'd REALLY not like to go through the RMA process again....

Did you uninstall all graphics drivers prior to putting in replacement gpu and doing a clean install of gpu driver?

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Other q's -

What's your PSU and how old is it?

What's your MOBO and how old is it?

I'll try that now,

and:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128545

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817116015

both ordered 5/29/13

Ok, well I followed the steps, and the crashing still occurs, and upon rebooting I no longer can see the windows login screen.

edit:
it comes up eventually most of the time now, just takes forever, even with my ssd

Just did a Fresh install of linux mint, (on my second partition)
using the default (non-amd) drivers, I ran a 3d benchmark, about 15 seconds in, I ran into the same issue,
I confirmed with an IR thermometer that the card is still under 50c.

So I guess that means it's not related to the windows drivers,

also rebooting to linux after the freeze has the same problem windows dose,
the first (immediate) reboot will show the bios, but the os login screen (in this case min't login screen)
will not show up. but if I turn of the PC again, and wait a few seconds, it starts up fine.

(but still crashes when under a heavy load)