Confessions of a 7 yo Splinter Cell player

Gala

It was my 7th birthday, and a fellow friend of mine bought me Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell for my b-day. We installed it, cracked it (duh) and were astonished that my 700MHz Duron and my MX440 could run that game smoothly!

So we fired it up, and played thru the first tutorial mission like a bows, and then the second mission started. Ah, the first mission. Here we go...

Chapter 1, Mission 1

You had to use some ducts as i remember to get on a balcony, where a zipline was. You would zipline from the balcony (or whatever) to a 3 story burning building.

5.jpg

I didnt like fire at all at that age, and dying was like my worst fear. I hated jumscares too. I played just a whole lot of Dragon in a Wagon (the game, damn, you cant even find it on Google anymore! D: ) at that time, and some strategies like Sudden Strike II and Age of Empires II. I was used to control an army, and cute dragons and a little girl, not a hardcore shooter...

(bare with me, i was 7)

...so i entered the building, i was scared shitless that something would jump me...then the earpiece-guy said i need to be carefull as fire can kill me...

Then i entered that damn room to my right, (i was not supposed ot enter) and the damn floor collapsed and my character started burning. Oh my god, that was the worst trauma i had in my life! 

I couldnt eat, couldnt sleep, it was just repeating in my head! All the time! 

I cried a lot...a real lot. Didnt go to school for several days too. 

That was awfull.

And now, 9 years later, i STILL do NOT have the courage to play the original Splinter Cell again! I completed Chaos Theory, Double Agent and Conviction, but im still scared from the original Splinter Cell.

Yea, that's it. Im 17 and scared from the original Splinter Cell...

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

OMG the MX440!  I had that card for ages!  As for playing this game at 7 I wish I wouldn't have let my kid play shooters at such a young age and I can understand how some of it might have scared the **** out of you.  Now still fight the fear and go play that original Splinter Cell! LOL! You will probably get quite a rush from it!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Ahem. 

Oh my god, that video is perfect. 

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

OMG the MX440!  I had that card for ages!  As for playing this game at 7 I wish I wouldn't have let my kid play shooters at such a young age and I can understand how some of it might have scared the **** out of you.  Now still fight the fear and go play that original Splinter Cell! LOL! You will probably get quite a rush from it!

That card was a BEAST! GeForce 2 ftw!

I remember this on the orginal xbox! I was 8 at the time using your math. I handled it just fine:D

Granted, I also played halo on the very first day of its release. video games never effected me much

I remember this on the orginal xbox! I was 8 at the time using your math. I handled it just fine:D

Granted, I also played halo on the very first day of its release. video games never effected me much

Well thats awsome! 

I was a pc-elitist from the get-go :D

Well thats awsome! 

I was a pc-elitist from the get-go :D

I had my own PC since before I could read, as my older brother was a huge techie and so I got hand me down PCs every 2 years or so. so that was great, but I also had 4 other brothers, and its hard to buy pcs/games for each individually, so my parents also got consoles because its much easier to get games for everyone and such.

so had literally ever game ever, and had a PC growing up. best of both worlds tbh

Reminds me of when i was trying to explain to this guy the great barrier reef only has reef sharks which won't hurt you and he replied with this. lol

" I can't even- i don't know what you guys are even talking about. If i see a shark I'm not going to stop and think about whether that fucking soulless sea demon with those dead eyes and teeth bigger than King Kong's ding dong is going to attack, swimming all slowly and murdery with their sudden head flips like they are in a horror commercial for Garnier, I'm just going to have a heart attack. And die. Even when I just see them on TV I can't breathe, and my favorite thing to watch is Nat Geo Wild and Discovery Channel and Animal Planet, and during shark week i swear I just black out. I have to check my bathtub before i get in for sharks. Don't tell me that they might not attack me, cause hey! they are not in my bathtub either, but guess what I'm scared anyway. Do not try to rationalize me out of this, its fear! its irrational, i doesn't make sense and I want my mommy, so... yeah. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go scream into a pillow, and cry for a little while."

My dad is a big fan of this series, to the point that my mom makes fun of him for taking so long to compulsively shoot out every single light bulb and such.

-------

Current Rig

-------