A sus z87-A wont boot with more with than 1 RAM slot

spikebegood

Hi there, i hope i can find a solution here ☺.

I got a z87-A, i5 4690, 2x4gb value kingstom RAM (for now), 1tb hdd, xfx psu, pny gtx 760. The issue is that if i use the rams on the dual channel slots yellows or blacks ones a1+b1 or a2+b2 it wont boot. Ramok button wont do nothing. At the sometime i made it work on a1 and a2, but after a clean up just a1 is booting, tried with corsairs memorys, updating bios, the closest that i get was boot with one memory and recognize the second one but it wont use that.

The bios show the 8gb but just 4gb is usable.

All started when a friend asked me if i can test his CPU because his board wasnt booting (bios flash required), after that just problem is all i get.

Im sorry for the language is not my native one and the tablet isn`t helping either.

Side note the board is out of warranty in my country

Thanks for the help

I would try removing the CMOS battery. This should set the BIOS back to its defaults. After about 10 minutes, put the battery back in and boot up again. See if you can get it to work with both sticks.

Sig under construction.

reset the cmos and if that does not work try Talking to asus 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas