Where are the new AMD GPU's?

Columbo

How much longer will AMD continue to miss the mark in the GPU market? The 380x/390x stuff has been delayed now for how many months? 

Ryzen 5600 Be Quiet! PureBase500DX  CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB  Asus ROG Strix B450-F  1660 Super  Crucial DDR4 32GB 2x16 3800mhz  SK Hynix Gold P31 1TB NVMe  Seagate Barracuda 3TB  Mechanical Keyboard Red switches Logitech G502 mouse  EVGA Supernova 750w GA gold   32" Acer curved 1440p 144hz  MSI 32" Curved 1440p165hz  Aopen 32" 1440p 144hz

How much longer will AMD continue to miss the mark in the GPU market? The 380x/390x stuff has been delayed now for how many months? 

They uploaded a teaser today, but the release dates are very much rumors still

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

How are they continuing to miss the mark? What is this mark you speak of? And since when were they ever delayed?

As to why Nvidia is being cocky about things like the GTX 970's ram issue.  They know team red has nothing that can touch it.  I think they owe everyone who bought it thinking it has 4 full gb of ram needs to be given like $50 back.

Instead they're giving people copies of the Witcher 3 so if AMD's 390 is something good, then Nvidia will just lower the prices of their gpus and those who payed full priced won't bitch too much since they were given a free game.

How are they continuing to miss the mark? What is this mark you speak of? And since when were they ever delayed?

AMD's current gpu architecture is at least 3 years old.  That's a loooooooong time in the tech world.

As to why Nvidia is being cocky about things like the GTX 970's ram issue.  They know team red has nothing that can touch it.  I think they owe everyone who bought it thinking it has 4 full gb of ram needs to be given like $50 back.

Instead they're giving people copies of the Witcher 3 so if AMD's 390 is something good, then Nvidia will just lower the prices of their gpus and those who payed full priced won't bitch too much since they were given a free game.

JFC it has 4 gigs of VRAM. The whiners weren't whining before the crossbar chart came out.

They were originally supposed to release the AMD GPU's at the end of 2014. It then became the first quarter of 2015. We are half way through 2015 and still no new GPU's from AMD. TSMC in Taiwan makes the silicon and graphics cards for both AMD and Nvidia. 

Ryzen 5600 Be Quiet! PureBase500DX  CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB  Asus ROG Strix B450-F  1660 Super  Crucial DDR4 32GB 2x16 3800mhz  SK Hynix Gold P31 1TB NVMe  Seagate Barracuda 3TB  Mechanical Keyboard Red switches Logitech G502 mouse  EVGA Supernova 750w GA gold   32" Acer curved 1440p 144hz  MSI 32" Curved 1440p165hz  Aopen 32" 1440p 144hz

JFC it has 4 gigs of VRAM. The whiners weren't whining before the crossbar chart came out.

I know what you mean.  However, it's like buying a car that was advertised to seat 5 people.  However, in order for you to use all 5 seats, the car's engine is crippled slowing down it's performance.

Then Nvidia says, "It's not like anyone uses all 5 seats at once."

As you can see I'm an Nvidia fan.  I think they royally f-ed up on this one.

I know what you mean.  However, it's like buying a car that was advertised to seat 5 people.  However, in order for you to use all 5 seats, the car's engine is crippled slowing down it's performance.

Then Nvidia says, "It's not like anyone uses all 5 seats at once."

As you can see I'm an Nvidia fan.  I think they royally f-ed up on this one.

No no no. Stop using comparisons like that. They make no sense because one, @Razzaa, myself and others on this forum tested the thing for those huge dips in performance and found no such thing. And two, everyone praised the card when reviewers got their hands on it, but all of a sudden two months down the road, people are whining about the small partition of the VRAM being slow when it doesn't hinder anything.

AMD's current gpu architecture is at least 3 years old.  That's a loooooooong time in the tech world.

It hasn't even been 2 years since R9 series release.

They were originally supposed to release the AMD GPU's at the end of 2014. It then became the first quarter of 2015. We are half way through 2015 and still no new GPU's from AMD. TSMC in Taiwan makes the silicon and graphics cards for both AMD and Nvidia. 

Please show me where AMD ever had a release date for 2014?

Sigh, we went over this... The charts are ok, we ALL get it, no one is retarded. But fact is, they lied about ROPs, they lied about L2 and they lied about RAM speed, they are OBLIGED to tell the customers that. They DID scam customers and that is not OK, they should get sued and rekt for it. It's not acceptable.

That doesn't make the 970 a bad card, it just makes Nvidia a bunch of assholes.

Let me put it this way.

You buy a 100HP car, it works fine 95% of the time, but when you push the RPM towards it's limit, the car stalls. And later on you find out it's not actually 100HP, it's more like 90HP. But the company advertised and sold you a 100HP car. And now you are saying that the company doesn't lie, it can hit 100km/h in the time they advertised... That doesn't change the fact that it stalls and has less power... And to make up for it, they offer you 4 new tires...

Not exactly the best example but you get the picture, you've been scammed. :P

Sigh, we went over this... The charts are ok, we ALL get it, no one is retarded. But fact is, they lied about ROPs, they lied about L2 and they lied about RAM speed, they are OBLIGED to tell the customers that. They DID scam customers and that is not OK, they should get sued and rekt for it. It's not acceptable.

That doesn't make the 970 a bad card, it just makes Nvidia a bunch of assholes.

Let me put it this way.

You buy a 100HP car, it works fine 95% of the time, but when you push the RPM towards it's limit, the car stalls. And later on you find out it's not actually 100HP, it's more like 90HP. But the company advertised and sold you a 100HP car. And now you are saying that the company doesn't lie, it can hit 100km/h in the time they advertised... That doesn't change the fact that it stalls and has less power... And to make up for it, they offer you 4 new tires...

Not exactly the best example but you get the picture, you've been scammed. :P

Sorry, but you're wrong.

I had the card. Other members here had the card. There's nothing wrong with it. Doesn't matter what was advertised; I'm not one to baby about some spec sheet and no one else should. I thought everyone promoted to buy based on benchmarks alone and not specs? Seems that went out the window during this bullshit.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

I had the card. Other members here had the card. There's nothing wrong with it. Doesn't matter what was advertised; I'm not one to baby about some spec sheet and no one else should. I thought everyone promoted to buy based on benchmarks alone and not specs? Seems that went out the window during this bullshit.

How's he wrong>? NVIDIA lied about their specs. And even said so themselves. How much do they really pay you? :P

Sorry, but you're wrong.

He is absolutely right.  It's not the performance people are complaining about.  It's what it advertised that the product has and that people can use it.

His horse power analogy is better than mine.

If you advertise 100hp, the driver should be able to use all of it.  Instead the fuel supply gets cut and bogs the car down.

Come one man, look at my avatar.  I'm a huge Nvidia fanboy.  However they funked up BIG TIME.  They LIED.  They need to be held accountable.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

Ah, again. If this was ANYTHING else, and a similar situation, you would all freak the fuck out about how you've been scammed. But since it's tech stuff and it works as benchmarked and you haven't ran into the scenario where you push it to frame drops, it's perfectly fine... And you can't tell me it ain't slight fanboyism on your side. I've owned Nvidia cards ONLY for the past 10 years, this is my first Radeon since the 9200pro, I'm not fanboying, if anything, you could call me an Nvidia fanboy.

Grand total: It's not a bad card, it's an awesome card. But it got falsely advertised and that shouldn't go unpunished!

i think they will have only one new gpu with a high price and not so efficient.and the rest rebrands.so not much to talk about. 

amd hasnt been competitive since nvidia's kepler. and now nvidia has 80% dedicated gpu market share and they control the price on gpus. if amd isnt competitive then we see titans and titan x and what not. do you think we would see that if amd were competitive? gtx 980 should have the GM200 chip,not the mainstream gm204.but theres no need since it doesnt have competition

How's he wrong>? NVIDIA lied about their specs. And even said so themselves. How much do they really pay you? :P

About tree fiddy.

This wasn't originally about the ROPs. Someone else brought that up; I was arguing against the 3.5 gig claim, which is hilarious that people still believe that.

He is absolutely right.  It's not the performance people are complaining about.  It's what it advertised that the product has and that people can use it.

His horse power analogy is better than mine.

If you advertise 100hp, the driver should be able to use all of it.  Instead the fuel supply gets cut and bogs the car down.

Come one man, look at my avatar.  I'm a huge Nvidia fanboy.  However they funked up BIG TIME.  They LIED.  They need to be held accountable.

Stop using those dumbass comparisons.

The card is fine. The specs were off, big deal. Again, since when did anyone shop by specs alone?

Ah, again. If this was ANYTHING else, and a similar situation, you would all freak the fuck out about how you've been scammed. But since it's tech stuff and it works as benchmarked and you haven't ran into the scenario where you push it to frame drops, it's perfectly fine... And you can't tell me it ain't slight fanboyism on your side. I've owned Nvidia cards ONLY for the past 10 years, this is my first Radeon since the 9200pro, I'm not fanboying, if anything, you could call me an Nvidia fanboy.

Grand total: It's not a bad card, it's an awesome card. But it got falsely advertised and that shouldn't go unpunished!

No, I wouldn't freak the fuck out because I'm not a manchild. 

It doesn't have any framedrops that no other card would experience. It's not fucking fanboyism, it's fucking factual evidence that I saw for myself.

Why are people still debating the 970?  And to that end why are they still trying to use busted ass analogies that don't work?  Did you people not learn anything from that monstrosity of a thread where every man and his dog tried to use an analogy and not a single one was true to the issue.

To everyone in this thread:

Yes Nvidia lied, or fucked up the marketing material or sent out the wrong specs, call it whatever you want, it happened.  We all know it happened no one says it didn't happen.

Unless you can find a post somewhere on this forum where someone states that nvidia is innocent on all accounts, why are you trying to correct people.  When owners say the benchmarks have not changed, the performance of the card in all instances and benchmarks are the same and that card has not physically changed since it's release. They are not lying,  when they say they have/don't have issues after 3.5 they are not lying.  

Long story short: If you don't like it, don't buy one.  If you don't like it a lot then don't buy nvidia again.  But don't make up silly analogies that don't work and basically insinuate that 970 owners are lying because their cards perform just the same now as they did at the beginning and none of the spec issues has changed that for them.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So many people in denial... Oh, well...

about what?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

My next question is why they can make a 4ghz CPU but a 2ghz GPU is asking for far too much. Is GPU architecture that powerful or do they not know how to engineer a GPU? 

My next question is why they can make a 4ghz CPU but a 2ghz GPU is asking for far too much. Is GPU architecture that powerful or do they not know how to engineer a GPU? 

The architecture is different, It has thousands more cores that work slightly different to your CPU core.  If they pushed the frequency too high the GPU would simply burn out.

GPU's can do somethings significantly better than a cpu but other things significantly worse, that is why we have both.

Oh, and they definitely know how to engineer a GPU, even their worst GPU's are a magnificent piece of tech in their own right.

A mainstream CPU these days has 4 cores. A mainstream GPU has over 1000 cores. However, the architecture of CPU's and GPU's is very different and they can't be directly compared. :) GPU's are sort of complicated. You can't exactly directly compare the cores either, CUDA and stream processors are not the same so 1k cuda cores (Nvidia) isn't the same as 1k stream processors (AMD).

It's not like the old days where more MHz= more powerful. The best way to compare is benchmarks. :)

If the world is intelligently designed. At what point in time after the Wright Brother discovered flight did someone think oh yes, a piece a silicon. I shall make a computer processing unit. 

I am gonna fucking shit all of you.

The R9 290X KEEPS UP WITH THE DAMN 970.

WHY THE HECK DO YOU GUYS CARE IF THE THING IS NEW OR NOT?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni