Motherboard that's better than Z97-A for $0-~$50 more

what color scheme

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

what color scheme

^

This. Chances are you won't be utilising the beefy VRMs of higher end mobos

z97-a is a great motherboard, it has every feature, anything else you would get is maybe wireless (you shouldn't) and looks.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

^

This. Chances are you won't be utilising the beefy VRMs of higher end mobos

I'd prefer for it to be black, But I frankly on't care.

The z97 mobo are really good one with best balance of cooling performance and low noise and also the z97 perfectly fits the needs with great value pricing.

the z97-a covers all the features needed in a great value package. what do you define as a better motherboard? what features are you looking for because that is really the only thing you'll be getting for up to $50 more

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Maybe try the Asus Z97-AR, it is basically the same, just silver instead of gold and no VGA or DVI out for the integrated graphics. Its probably the best looking mb deal you can get. Ordered it for my own build, gonna post a review when I actually had some time with it.

[cnyrmb@TheBeast-Arch ~]$ java -jar print_footer.jar

Main Rig:

i7-4790K - Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 - EVGA 1070 FTW - 16GB HyperX Fury @ 1866 - 120GB 840 EVO -  1TB WD Blue - XFX XTR 750W (80+ Gold) - Arch Linux/Win10

Motherboard that's better than Z97-A for $0-~$50 more

Anything that's interesting?

if you don't care about aestetics, none...unless theres a good deal going on some competing boards...where are you shopping?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

ASrock Z97 Extreme 4

and as some one said.. you won't fully utilize the VRM of higher end boards.. this has 12 phase power and has a large VRM heat sink

if you don't care about aestetics, none...unless theres a good deal going on some competing boards...where are you shopping?

The MSI Gaming 7 has $40 off at Super Biz, I got that.

The MSI Gaming 7 has $40 off at Super Biz, I got that.

good choice, you'll love the board.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR