Starting my first full blown build

bob345

So today i am starting my first full blown build. I am building this for gaming and occasionally video editing. I have not yet ordered all the parts yet as i am a college student working a part time job so it will be built is stages. I will update as parts arrive.

so here's the parts list so far, not every thing is set in stone yet.

Case: fractal midi r2 black (ordered)

Processor:Intel 4670k

Gpu: gtx760 or 770 probably 770 now

motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65

psu: evga nex750  750 watt

ssd:Samsung 840 120 gigabyte

hard drive : western digital wd black 1 tb (already own)

memory: corsair vengeance 8gb(2 x 4gb)

as for the cooling solution, not sure if i want an air cooler or aio water cooler. Thats all i have for now, i will update as parts arrive. As you can see, im going for a pretty neutral all black build, maby throw in some rgb led'd

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The PSU is the only thing i have a problem with but its a decent PSU but you can get better ones but again, not a big deal, otherwise, its okay.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Get an asus board better components. Also get a 650w corsair psu.

i may get an asus board, but that gold color, not sure if i like that.

The PSU is the only thing i have a problem with but its a decent PSU but you can get better ones but again, not a big deal, otherwise, its okay.

Just curious, what dont you like about the psu?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

i may get an asus board, but that gold color, not sure if i like that.

Just curious, what dont you like about the psu?

Just there are ones that are WAY better for the same if not a little bit more expensive. Look into antec,seasonic,corsair,silverstone those are all good

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Just there are ones that are WAY better for the same if not a little bit more expensive. Look into antec,seasonic,corsair,silverstone those are all good

Isn't seasonic the one that oem's for corsair? I remember it being some company starting with an s. anyway, Im kind of liking the seasonic ss-750km3

Well you could just get a saber tooth or a gryphon

not sure if i can spend that much more, I would love a sabertooth, its just out of my price range

Isn't seasonic the one that oem's for corsair? I remember it being some company starting with an s. anyway, Im kind of liking the seasonic ss-750km3

Thats a good psu

IT BEGINS

CIMG3849.jpg

I just love the R2 so freakin much ! Love mine , even with my mediocre hardware :) 

I just love the R2 so freakin much ! Love mine , even with my mediocre hardware :)

My case came in this morning, the build quality is way much than i expected. I think i will enjoy building in it. Fractal Designs ftw

ok just a little update. so i got my pay raise i was hoping for and i have just ordered a asus sabertooth z87 and i am probably going to get a asus dcuII 770. And im thinking about a custom loop.

Looks like it will be solid

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I love fractal design cases, looking forward to this build :P

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I have the EVGA Supernova 750g psu and it is the same performance my friends ax860i and it is even quieter.  Should get that

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

get a refrence 770

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130939

but its currently sold out 

EK have some waterblocks which fit the asus DCU2 version

EDIT: LINKS

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc770-gtx-dcii-acetal-nickel.html

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc770-gtx-dcii-nickel.html

also they say that at least some of their 680 blocks fit the 770 but the ones above will definitely fit

Edited by Theblasphemouscoffee

well i ran into a problem today, the asus sabertooth i ordere came in today and came doa. The box was pretty messed up and once i got inside i found a capacitor floating around in the box so thats getting sent back. So being my impatient self i went out to my local frys electronics and save myself some money and bought a msi z87-gd65 so that will be the mother board for this build. I guess its kind of s good thing that i have to return the sabertooth because it will be saving me a bit of money. well i have some pics for you guys since i installed the new motherboard just a few minuits ago

here is the fractal arc midi r2 in all of its glory

CIMG3848.jpg

now the empty case

CIMG3858-1.jpg

now this is the one thing that bugs me with this case, im probably going to use some black plastidip on the wires and a portion of the plug

CIMG3860.jpg

here is the new motherboard sitting in its place. you can also see that i painted the slot covers and i also did the hard drive cages

CIMG3875.jpg

Time for cable management. One thing i always do when i work on high end audio systems for my job is i always plan out where everything will be going which i also have done here

CIMG3878.jpg

here are a couple pictures of cable management in progress

CIMG3879.jpg

first set of zipties cut

CIMG3882.jpg

all case wires routed and zipties cut

CIMG3885.jpg

so here is where i am at as of now

CIMG3889.jpg

CIMG3891.jpg

i'm crazy about the new gaming series MB from MSI! i just love the layout and colors of them...

all black with 3 or 4 bits of red! thats it! love them!

looking very nice man! gg

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

That's some fine cable managment !

But it's seems like you forget to paint the vertical expansion slot ..

That's some fine cable managment !

But it's seems like you forget to paint the vertical expansion slot ..

well I did paint it, just orange instead of grey just to test out another color.

Everything seems good! I might have gone with a diffrent psu but otherwise perfect!

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

another update! ram and psu installed

CIMG3898.jpg

CIMG3900.jpg

CIMG3902.jpg

CIMG3904.jpg

CIMG3905.jpg

CIMG3908.jpg

CIMG3910.jpg

CIMG3911.jpg

on your way to perfection :P

looking very nice man!

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)