It there a mouse that has its scroll wheel spin smoothly (like a touchpad) instead of having frequent bumps?

Vozella

I only have a laptop currently and the touchpad scroll thing on the side is great because it lets be scroll at my speed and it scrolls at each pixel.

I kind of have my mouse because when I scroll, it scrolls by chunks and I only find that useful in gaming. I want to be able to scroll very smoothly without scrolling very slowly. 

It there a mouse that has its scroll wheel spin smoothly (like a touchpad) instead of having frequent bumps?

Would it be possible to have a mouse that can switch between those two modes or would I have to buy two mice?

Edit: Thanks everyone. I'll look in to the Logitech Mice. Are there any other companies that do this?

I only have a laptop currently and the touchpad scroll thing on the side is great because it lets be scroll at my speed and it scrolls at each pixel.

I kind of have my mouse because when I scroll, it scrolls by chunks and I only find that useful in gaming. I want to be able to scroll very smoothly without scrolling very slowly. 

Would it be possible to have a mouse that can switch between those two modes or would I have to buy two mice?

Logitech MX Revolution

"The chief innovation of the MX Revolution is its scroll button. It functions in both the typical incremental click style, but also as a free-spinning wheel. This means you can whip the wheel frontward and back and navigate hundreds of pages in a document with a single spin. It's a little touchy when you zero it in on a particular page; sometimes moving your finger from it will make it jump another line or two, which can be irritating. But mostly, the free-spinning capability makes it much easier to scroll through long documents and Web pages."

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

There was some.. It might have been Logitech or Corsair mouse that had a free scrolling option.

LTT did a review on it a long time ago.

It seems to be kinda what you are looking for, but I have never come across it personally.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

In order to combat jittering when scrolling, you can turn down how far each tick of a scroll wheel moves your page (in mouse settings under control panel) and spin the wheel faster.

less distance per scroll + more scrolls per second = smoother scrolling.

Also logitech mice would be perfect for this with their freespin scroll wheels.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Logitech Performance MX, great mouse! And it's great for gaming. Yes it's wireless, but it's great, trust me.

I use it for years and years, still got it, game a lot with it, and it's just awesome. I still use the battery it came with (you can recharge it while you use the mouse).

And tbh, i barely charge it, maybe couple of hours a week? I charge it very rarely, and it indicates it well in time.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Logitech G700S also has the option to switch between the bumpy scroll and a smooth roll.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Thanks everyone. I'll look in to the Logitech Mice. Are there any other companies that do this?

I think it's only logitech. Their MX line I think is the one that has the smooth scroll function, and it's bloody awesome. Performance MX is the one I would probably go for because you can turn it off and on with a button, but there is a cheaper compact version that only has smooth scrolling.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

The Logitech M705 has this option as well, a cheap but very good mouse imo(2 years 3 months and counting over here).

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

The Logitech G502 Proteus Core has two scrolling modes. The main mode is a free scrolling mode which is just perfect for me. It's quick and smooth allowing me to navigate through multiple pages quickly. Its only limitation, that I currently experience, is that the system has to keep up with how fast it scrolls.

When I want to game the second mode is a tactile mode which stops the smooth scrolling allowing for those precise movements.

Not a bad mouse all around but can be a bit expensive for some buyers. 

The Logitech M705 has this option as well, a cheap but very good mouse imo(2 years 3 months and counting over here).

That mouse is a little short. I long long mice.

Do they have acceleration? (I like acceleration.)

not gaming mice, so probably.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

logitech's hyper scroll wheel is not what you're looking for, the only mice that does what you want is from microsoft. Check out mice by ms. Their bluetrack sensor mice can work on almost any surface.

logitech touch mouse is a alternative

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

The G502 has hyperscrolling. Although it feels like tiny pieces of sand are stuck to the axle that supports the wheel (i own one). Other than that it is an amazing mouse which I dearly love.

Who needs a computer when you have a toaster?

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: Thanks everyone. I'll look in to the Logitech Mice. Are there any other companies that do this?

My g502 has smooth scroll, I can choose between smooth scroll or standard with the click of a button.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I'm pretty sure most things in the mx line has free scroll. I have an mx master and it has a free scroll mode which is amazing. Check the product details under the mx range. 

Logitech G502 has a button for free scrolling (I love it). Just one flick can get u through so many walls of text/list items or w/e the scenario is :)

I would recommend G502 for its ergonomics and quality sensor.

Only negative point is that with mice that have a lot of buttons and gaps is that dirt piles up and gets inside. Not easy to clean without taking the cover off.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE