Cpu @ 100% Usage!?!?

Aitchy

Hi i am very concerned about my pc. Just about an hour ago it started playing up, so i restarted it and it was still playing up. Looed on task manager and my cpu usage was at 100%! I scroll down to the background orocesses and it says winlogon is using 60-100% usage. I am worried and not sure what to do? I tried to open windows firewall to run a scan but it just says action centre cant turn on windows defender, please try again later.

I built this pc last week, everything is brand new. Any ideas or fix?

@SkywardKkalox hes i have tried that but its winlogon and i googled it and they said you cannot end the task as it will "screw" up your pc

So i downloaded it and installed it then it came up with

"Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware\mbam.exe' Make sure youve typed the name correctly, then try again.

Wtf (N)

So i downloaded it and installed it then it came up with

"Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware\mbam.exe' Make sure youve typed the name correctly, then try again.

Wtf (N)

Can you run Malware scans in safe mode... if so, do that.

The fact the 'virus' or whatever is still in memory it wont let you do shit...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

How do i run in safe moe? Lol sorry for noobiness

How do i run in safe moe? Lol sorry for noobiness

When PC starts, the bios will load, and after that Windows will load..

You spam the F8 key in between... and the Windows 'list' of loading options before windows loads should come up, select Safemode

Your mobo may have an F8 key trigger also... so too early and you may activate something else like a boot loader (mobo choosing which drive to boot from) to which you select your first drive (usually the first) and then spam hit F8 again..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

@SkilledRebuilds Got it thanks, it didnt let me open even in safe mode. Came up with same error. Tried reinstalling and got anither error which i googled and was to do with the latest version or something, im going to run in normal mode again now to download the most recent one. Weirdly the cou usage is low again? Not slow or anything anymore the usage is at like 1 and 6 ad all sorts but no where near how high it was??

@SkilledRebuilds Got it thanks, it didnt let me open even in safe mode. Came up with same error. Tried reinstalling and got anither error which i googled and was to do with the latest version or something, im going to run in normal mode again now to download the most recent one. Weirdly the cou usage is low again? Not slow or anything anymore the usage is at like 1 and 6 ad all sorts but no where near how high it was??

Keep an eye on it, maybe it was an isolated incidence...

@SkilledRebuilds I am still going to install malwarebytes something seems fishy.

Yeah thats fair enough.. there are also various lightweight malware scanners you could try if MalwareBytes is screwing up...

@SkilledRebuilds I am still going to install malwarebytes something seems fishy.

Have a read of this... maybe if you have a phone, load it up on that so your not having to reload it between possible restarts..

Malware Removal Guide

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=664939&postcount=2

@SkilledRebuilds Yeah even in safe mode it mucks up, I've reinstalled, still getting an error : malware bytes internal error runtime error (at 97:109): external exception eo6d7363

And I can hardly do anything because it says I need permission to do so... I am so confused.

What are other programs I could use?

@SkilledRebuilds Yeah even in safe mode it mucks up, I've reinstalled, still getting an error : malware bytes internal error runtime error (at 97:109): external exception eo6d7363

And I can hardly do anything because it says I need permission to do so... I am so confused.

What are other programs I could use?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=664939&postcount=2

I'm guessing the 'problem file' somewhere is locking your permissions...

Its hard to diagnose for someone who's not fully versed on what steps to take... and without me being there to see whats going on myself...its time consuming. So have a read of that if not already.

install Rkill run it then run malware bytes or said AV. Rkill will end all suspicious tasks and other things should at least stop the 100% usage

I'm Probably at work so expect a reply either really fast or really slow :D

You can run the chameleon version of malwarebytes. Yep, looks like its infected........

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

If the build is < 1 week old I'd be tempted to format and start clean again, once you get your drivers installed get some AV software on and be a bit more careful with your browsing this time though ;)