How to run a Virtual Machine on a host computer and access from another over local network (if it is possible)

(Forgive me if I sound uneducated, this is my first post on a form...) I have a question and it comes from a dilemma I have. Can you run a virtual machine on a host computer and access it from a different computer through local network, while still having the OS on the host computer active at the same time? Would it be possible to have both the virtual machine and the host computer's OS run off the same partition on a single hard drive? If the latter is false, can the Virtual Machine's OS run off a bootable flash drive?

The reason why I want to do this is because me and my brother want to play a game at the same time together over LAN, however we have one computer that cannot run the game higher than about 10 fps, and another (that I built ;)) that runs the game like a piece of cake with only about 40% CPU usage (the game is much more CPU heavy then GPU). So my idea is to use a virtual machine on the fast computer to run an OS that the slow computer can access. However, I am wondering if this is possible (or if there is an easier way) to do this.

Now, about my question with running on the same partition on the hard drive. While researching on the topic of virtual machines, I think it isn't possible to do that; but I am wondering if it is because I also don't think it would be possible (or if it is, fast by any means) to run the virtual machine off the hard drive of one computer, be running on another, and then coming back for display output as well as keyboard and mouse input on the computer that has the hard drive... However, I do have a bootable Ubuntu flash drive (a flash drive that has Ubuntu on it that is a bootable drive) and I know that the game is compatible with Ubuntu, so I could run a virtual machine on said flash drive if it recognises that the USB drive is bootable.

Just two other bits of information, the normal OS for both the slow and fast computers is windows 7 (except the fast one has the pro version and the other is home premium). And I would like to do this for free... so would something like VirtualBox work? (VirtualBox is free, right?)

Thanks

Problem A. Virtual Machines do not run Nearly as well as the host OS is most cases. they also do not share all the same Recourse as the host (GPU)

problem B. Even if you did get it running you still need to access the computer through some kind of software which will naturally add a large amount of lag.

Problem C. Windows 7 Home Verion Does not Support the RDP Feature like the Pro Versions Does so your only hope of RDP is a Third pary program.

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480