Seminar equipment...

The small business I work in have decided they are going to start doing seminars to attract more business.We need some decent quality equipment for the job, such as a projector, projector screen, and some nice wireless mics. I don't specifically know what the budget is with this, but they aren't going to be huge seminars with hundreds of people. If anyone has any suggestions on what lav mics  and projectors that are good and inexpensive, please let me know.

Thanks guys.

Does your business sell dethetanizing?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

The small business I work in have decided they are going to start doing seminars to attract more business.We need some decent quality equipment for the job, such as a projector, projector screen, and some nice wireless mics. I don't specifically know what the budget is with this, but they aren't going to be huge seminars with hundreds of people. If anyone has any suggestions on what lav mics  and projectors that are good and inexpensive, please let me know.

Thanks guys.

What's the layout of your room, and how big a screen do you need? Will you be dimming the room for presentations or will you be keeping the lights at full blast? You'd need much brighter projectors for presentation use than what we use for home theaters. High gain screens also help a lot, depending on the room layout. Generally, the bigger the budget, the nicer the equipment.

Shure, AKG, Sennheiser, Audio Technica, etc. make good microphone systems.

For budget systems, the Audio-Technica PRO-501/L Pro Series 5 might be worth a look. This is a simple UHF system. For analogue systems, UHF is generally better when it comes to clarity (since it is less likely to get interference) while VHF is generally better when it comes to range.

A digital wireless system (far more expensive) is better for multiple transmitter use or for use on areas with lots of VHF/UHF interference.

Thanks guys.

We purchased 3 of these recently at work, and so far they are fantastic for a multitude of situations, including Office style presentation as well as Multimedia. They also have a ton of inputs, including VGA passthrough (Feed a VGA input from a PC to the projector, then output VGA to a monitor - the PC only sees one "screen" so you don't need to worry about configuring extended/clone desktop - works best when the Monitor has the same native res as the projector though).

The projector is super bright - 4700 Lumens, so great for indoors with bright lighting, and absolutely gorgeous when in a dark room with movies. It's also full 1080p HD.

Price varies per region no doubt, but expect around $1800+ CAD or your regional equivalent.

Optoma EH500

http://www.optomausa.com/projectordetails.aspx?PTypeDB=Business&PC=EH500

You could certainly get a cheaper projector, but you'll be sacrificing quality or features - or both, so it really depends on whether you need all the features, or if the high brightness really matters to you, or what resolution you need/want, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

We purchased 3 of these recently at work, and so far they are fantastic for a multitude of situations, including Office style presentation as well as Multimedia. They also have a ton of inputs, including VGA passthrough (Feed a VGA input from a PC to the projector, then output VGA to a monitor - the PC only sees one "screen" so you don't need to worry about configuring extended/clone desktop - works best when the Monitor has the same native res as the projector though).

The projector is super bright - 4700 Lumens, so great for indoors with bright lighting, and absolutely gorgeous when in a dark room with movies. It's also full 1080p HD.

Price varies per region no doubt, but expect around $1800+ CAD or your regional equivalent.

Optoma EH500

http://www.optomausa.com/projectordetails.aspx?PTypeDB=Business&PC=EH500

You could certainly get a cheaper projector, but you'll be sacrificing quality or features - or both, so it really depends on whether you need all the features, or if the high brightness really matters to you, or what resolution you need/want, etc.

We really aren't sure at the moment. It'll be set in different venues each time, we'll be going around the country moving it around a lot. So all venues are going to be different. I think having the lights on will be a good idea specific to the business. I think we might have to spend most of the budget on a projector to be honest, as (with no offence) the business is all about pension planning, and when people are ready to plan out their pension they tend to be older so they might not be able to read information off a cheapy projector that well. Maybe i'm overthinking it. thanks a lot for your feedback though guys. I know a lot of thought has to go into it as I've never done anything like this before