Recommendations for behind monitor lighting

I'm looking for something to spice up my setup. I am going to hide some LED strips around and under my desk to make it all glowing nicely, but beyond that, I'm not sure where to go.

I would like some adaptive bias lighting (projects the mean monitor colour on your wall to ease eye strain and give the feeling of a larger screen) however everything I find is in beta, or failed (there was a kickstarer thing, it was busted). 

Any recos? Any way I could hack something together myself? If not, any led strip advice?

thanks.

Japes

"No Gavin, it is Apple Maps bad..."

If I was you, I would just attach some nice, cheep RGB led strips from ebay to some cardboard then (using double sided adhesive tape) attach that to the monitor. Works fine for me.

I was looking into some of this stuff a while back, unfortunately, I don't see any devices out there. for the colors to blend with the screen images, you would need some pretty in depth knowledge about programming. 

As for plain colors, any LED's would do. Might want to stick to some deeper warm colors. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

If I was you, I would just attach some nice, cheep RGB led strips from ebay to some cardboard then (using double sided adhesive tape) attach that to the monitor. Works fine for me.

I was looking into some of this stuff a while back, unfortunately, I don't see any devices out there. for the colors to blend with the screen images, you would need some pretty in depth knowledge about programming. 

As for plain colors, any LED's would do. Might want to stick to some deeper warm colors. 

I found these just now... http://store.madcatz.com/brands/mad-catz/Cyborg-amBX-Gaming-Lights-for-PC.html

"No Gavin, it is Apple Maps bad..."

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX2C64291&cm_re=LED_STRIP-_-11-999-239-_-Product

Have this behind my monitor for a nice red glow. Simple and easy- no cutting or soldering. Just plug in to a USB port. Then tape on the back of the strip does stink so I got some scotch holding it up now.