$1800 USA budget build

Need help with a second build. How does this look?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $0.00)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $0.00)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard  (Purchased For $0.00)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (Purchased For $0.00)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($123.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($649.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($649.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I ATX Full Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional Gold 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $0.00)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($87.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1626.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 23:04 EDT-0400

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Spare parts are invaluable for troubleshooting. 

I was dead set on RMA'ing my Titan X until I decided to use another power supply I have. Turns out it was the power supply which saved me from needlessly returning fully functioning hardware only to get a replacement with the issue not fixed.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Spare parts are invaluable for troubleshooting. 

I was dead set on RMA'ing my Titan X until I decided to use another power supply I have. Turns out it was the power supply which saved me from needlessly returning fully functioning hardware only to get a replacement with the issue not fixed.

What power supply was it?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Honestly I'd pay shipping on those fans...and the mouse...

What power supply was it?

Seasonic X750

Connectors on the power supply side had melted INTO the modular interface.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I was not a fan of the wireless mouse but it had that cord and my previous mouse died.

I was told by @STRMfrmXMN that this mouse might fit my hand... super large hands... 

Buy a 970, and a SSD and/or HDD, you got one hell of a gaming rig

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

wow. What did you oc your Titan X to?

It's wasn't due to overclocking or at least not with my Titan X. My previous gfx were 780 SLI, so I think they may have played a role in the issue.

Long story short; once I used my other power supply, the burning odor vanished and BSODs were no longer. 

I was told by @STRMfrmXMN that this mouse might fit my hand... super large hands... 

001_zpsnknlnu7e.jpg

Compared with g502

Buy a 970, and a SSD and/or HDD, you got one hell of a gaming rig

That is a good idea or a used 290x.

Put in a GPU sell it as a gaming rig and get money.

I like that but I would keep it lol. Have a pc for a friend if they come over and we can play coop games like a lan party but with 2 people lol or give it to a girlfriend.

GrimNeo did you really need to ask what to do with these parts? Guaranteed deep down you have thoughts of what you might want to do and what you are going to do.  There was no need really for this post you made.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Put it in the classifieds?

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

GrimNeo did you really need to ask what to do with these parts? Guaranteed deep down you have thoughts of what you might want to do and what you are going to do.  There was no need really for this post you made.

Yes, I was not sure. I like some of the ideas. I might even just make a build and give it to my friend because he is poor and I want him to enjoy life. Just need a gpu, hdd and ssd plus os for him and I have a full build for him. Or I can just make another pc for myself. What would you do?

Edit: Decided to build a pc for my friend.

Get a GTX 970

I decided to make a pc for my friend as a gift for him since I just built a new pc and had spare parts. I just need a hdd, ssd, os, and gpu for it to be complete. Thanks all in advance. Parts I have so far. Budget $800 U.S. dollars. Don't include parts I have now.

-Snip-

• HDD I would go with a WD Blue (or Seagate equivalent), or, if Silence and Low Power Consumption is essential, a WD Green (or Seagate equivalent). (Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use a WD Green as a software/os drive. It will do horribly).
  • SSD, I would go with a Crucial one. No experience with SSD's myself (YET ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)), but I never heard anything bad about Crucial.
  • For OS, I would go with Windows 7, or some Linux stuff. If you have an installation disk lying around, even better. Reddit has keys apparently, not sure how it works though. (Windows8.1 is fine too, but I just don't like the Windows 8 series. I just don't).
  • And GPU is a little more unpredictable. What games will he play? And does he prefer Team Green or Red?

Side note: great project, it's great you do something like that for your friends!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

• HDD I would go with a WD Blue (or Seagate equivalent), or, if Silence and Low Power Consumption is essential, a WD Green (or Seagate equivalent). (Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use a WD Green as a software/os drive. It will do horribly).
  • SSD, I would go with a Crucial one. No experience with SSD's myself (YET ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)), but I never heard anything bad about Crucial.
  • For OS, I would go with Windows 7, or some Linux stuff. If you have an installation disk lying around, even better. Reddit has keys apparently, not sure how it works though. (Windows8.1 is fine too, but I just don't like the Windows 8 series. I just don't).
  • And GPU is a little more unpredictable. What games will he play? And does he prefer Team Green or Red?

Side note: great project, it's great you do something like that for your friends!

What about a used 290x or 970?

What about a used 290x or 970?

I'm Team Green, so I would way prefer 970. BUT, @Sam Z Man is correct with the fact that AMD second hand cards are INCREDIBLY cheap!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I'm Team Green, so I would way prefer 970. BUT, @Sam Z Man is correct with the fact that AMD second hand cards are INCREDIBLY cheap!

Used amd cards cost around 50-60% of there original value.

Used nivida cards cost around 70-85% of there original value.

This is why the fall of bitcoin mining was a great thing.

Need help with a second build. How does this look?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $0.00)

CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $0.00)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard  (Purchased For $0.00)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (Purchased For $0.00)

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($123.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I ATX Full Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00)

Power Supply: Corsair Professional Gold 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $0.00)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($14.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($87.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $1626.93

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 23:04 EDT-0400

Update Still need help. Instead of making a new thread.