Looking at getting a new case

raine

My current build is fine for what I need, but my side panel has never sat flush with the side (I have more than enough clearance). I am looking for a good quality case for an ATX board with at least 1 5.25" external bay, 2 3.5" and 3 2.5" internal bays. I would like a black or white case (a side window is preferred, but not mandatory). I would like to try and keep to cases with 120mm fans for cooling (but if you have a suggestion that doesn't go ahead and suggest it anyways). Please try to keep away from blue LED fans (all my current fans have red LEDs and I don't want them to go to waste), pop open 5.25" bay covers and front doors. I would like at least 1 USB 2.0, sound and mic ports on the front panel (at the top would be preferred).

Please keep to bottom mounted PSU cases with a filtered vent below the PSU. Sorry for all the requirements, but if I am getting into the $200 and I would rather get the perfect case (for this and future builds) rather than a really good case for this build.

Edit: I would like to keep the budget to about $150 ... but other suggestions are welcome ... just are less likely to be picked unless they are perfect. When you are looking at prices please keep to the .ca site as I would prefer to not pay for the case to go through customs.

AMD FX-6300 3.5 Ghz | Arctic Freezer A11 CPU Cooler | (4x4GB) 16 GB Hyper X Fury DDR3 1866 Mhz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 | Rosewill Glacier 500W PSU | 120 GB Kingston SSD (Windows 7 Boot/Application Drive) | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD (Windows 10 Boot/Application Drive) | 1 TB Western Digital Blue (Storage Drive) | Bitfenix Neos | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit & Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

You didn't specify a budget so uhh here http://www.amazon.com/Luxury-Open-Frame-ATX-Chassis/dp/B00U12A8WW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1432783215&sr=8-3&keywords=inwin

Nah jk though, the S340 is a really nice case.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Intel Core i5 4590Gigabyte GA-970 Ax4 4GB DDR3 Crucial Balistix SportGigabyte Windforce GTX 970 | 3 TB of HDD | Enermax CoenusEVGA 500 Watt 80 Plus | Windows 10 | Razer Black Widow Tournament EditionLogitech G502 Proteus Core | Audio Technica M50x | Tonor BM 700 Nikon D3400 

CompTIA A+ Certified

On 2015-05-28 at 9:20 PM, Agazed said:

You didn't specify a budget so uhh here http://www.amazon.com/Luxury-Open-Frame-ATX-Chassis/dp/B00U12A8WW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1432783215&sr=8-3&keywords=inwin

Nah jk though, the S340 is a really nice case.

There is no 5.25" bay and my mobo has no USB 3.0 connector.

On 2015-05-28 at 9:20 PM, Rush102 said:

The front bays were a bit excessive and I can see this as a dust magnet. I wouldn't even call that a window with the huge fan on the side ...Did you read the reviews ... 90% of them had to RMA multiple fans within the first few months ... ... the side panel also fits on like my current case .... the cheap attachment style that almost always seems to find some way to not fit after you put all the components in.

On 2015-05-28 at 9:28 PM, AStateOfTrance said:

Love the case, but $200 is more than I am wanting to pay for a case.

AMD FX-6300 3.5 Ghz | Arctic Freezer A11 CPU Cooler | (4x4GB) 16 GB Hyper X Fury DDR3 1866 Mhz | Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 | Rosewill Glacier 500W PSU | 120 GB Kingston SSD (Windows 7 Boot/Application Drive) | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD (Windows 10 Boot/Application Drive) | 1 TB Western Digital Blue (Storage Drive) | Bitfenix Neos | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit & Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

There is no 5.25" bay and my mobo has no USB 3.0 connector.

Oh whoops. I misread your post. The CM HAF 912 is a great case but it has no Window and the interior is silver.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Oh whoops. I misread your post. The CM HAF 912 is a great case but it has no Window and the interior is silver.

I couldn't find a decent picture of the HAF, only the HAF Plus (which has an e-sata front port ... That port came out in 2004 and never really became a replacement for USB).

Pretty case and I like all the filters, but I don't like the harddrive slots requiring the other sidepanel being removed to access them.

I couldn't find a decent picture of the HAF, only the HAF Plus (which has an e-sata front port ... That port came out in 2004 and never really became a replacement for USB).

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=HAF+912

Haha, very funny. The interior is grey, not silver. The filters are nice but when I fill all the empty fan ports with a filter and fan, the one on the side panel will interfere with my GTX 970.

Pretty case and I like all the filters, but I don't like the harddrive slots requiring the other sidepanel being removed to access them.

well, you're going to open the other sidepanel anyways for wiring everything (unless you want ugly cables seen through the window... not recommended) and even if it comes to adding a new hard drive you're still going to open that side panel to wire it. (assuming again that you don't want ugly cables seen through the window),

Thermaltake Core X9?

Gobs of room for expansion.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Phanteks Enthoo Pro. You can remove the drive bay cover if you prefer to access your drives from the windowed side. It meets all of your requirements and at a great price point with great build quality.

Silverstone tj04-ew

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."