I think logitech just got on my bad side.

A while ago I asked some people on this forum post what their thoughts on the logitech g710+ was. They were over all positive, with no one complaining of broken keycaps, like so many reviews have been. So recently I was actually able to purchase one. it came in the mail today, and low and behold its missing a keycap on the number pad right out of the box. On top of that, the backspace key sounds horribly loud compared to everything else. This all kinda sucks since I had such high hopes for this keyboard. I guess logitech has lost my trust as well.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Slip ups happen to all companies. It's always worth giving them a second chance, especially those with good rep.

A while ago I asked some people on this forum post what their thoughts on the logitech g710+ was. They were over all positive, with no one complaining of broken keycaps, like so many reviews have been. So recently I was actually able to purchase one. it came in the mail today, and low and behold its missing a keycap on the number pad right out of the box. On top of that, the backspace key sounds horribly loud compared to everything else. This all kinda sucks since I had such high hopes for this keyboard. I guess logitech has lost my trust as well.

Logitech was always cheap and really bad. Their products mainly consist out of cheap plastic.

Everyone that says something else is a liar or actually never owned a Logitech product.

have you tried contacting their customer support?

shit happens. I think that's more of a reflection of your bad side...chill out and it's an easy fix.聽

faulty product occasionally happens. Many companies don't care about fixing it and those are the ones that you should be pissed at. Give Logitech a chance to make it right.

have you tried contacting their customer support?

I have, but from what I've read online they usually require you to send in your whole keyboard, which is completely ridiculous. I think I'd rather 聽buy some new keycaps on massdrop.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Logitech was always cheap and really bad. Their products mainly consist out of cheap plastic.

Everyone that says something else is a liar or actually never owned a Logitech product.

almost every company uses plastic in their keyboards and mice...

I have spent many hundreds of dollars on many different mice. While i would agree that the g400 had a cheap cable and i guess you could say the same for the g100s, although its a $20 mouse and some sacrifices have to be expected with that cheap of a mouse, the rest of their modern mice i have tried have had very good build quality, the g502, g402, g302, and g303. I have a $250 keyboard with topre switches, so never had the need to try their keyboards, so can't comment on them, but just recently purchased some IEMs from them, and they are by far the highest quality in both sound quality and build quality I have ever tried; even highly regarded on audiophile forums. Blow anything else from any other gaming peripheral company out of the water. Definitely not a cheap and bad products.

I have, but from what I've read online they usually require you to send in your whole keyboard, which is completely ridiculous. I think I'd rather 聽buy some new keycaps on massdrop.

Ah, ok, that would suck, and if they do make you send it in to get new keycaps, i can see why you would be pissed.

almost every company uses plastic in their keyboards and mice...

I have spent many hundreds of dollars on many different mice. While i would agree that the g400 had a cheap cable and i guess you could say the same for the g100s, although its a $20 mouse and some sacrifices have to be expected with that cheap of a mouse, the rest of their modern mice i have tried have had very good build quality, the g502, g402, g302, and g303. I have a $250 keyboard with topre switches, so never had the need to try their keyboards, so can't comment on them, but just recently purchased some IEMs from them, and they are by far the highest quality in both sound quality and build quality I have ever tried; even highly regarded on audiophile forums. Blow anything else from any other gaming peripheral company out of the water. Definitely not a cheap and bad products.

I used their products for over 10 years and they were all cheap.

From joysticks, over gamepads to mice and keyboards. They might got better, but they're still overpriced for what they are.

I even had the G15 gaming keyboard and also tried their G19. Logitech has by far the worst build qualitly. Even most microsoft mice were better than what Logitech offered 5 years ago.

I haven't tried their newest line of products, but I would't wonder if that's also just cheap crap.

? ...

I warrantied my solar logitech keyboard and they just sent me a new one.

I didnt even have to send anything back.

My numkeys were broken and I didnt get new keys.

I got a new keyboard...

Logitech support is one of the best I have seen besides corsairs

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

If you buy enough products you'll eventually get a bad one.聽 Doesn't matter what company you purchase from.聽 I've had a bad hard drive from seagate, but still bought another and have had no problems.聽 I've had a bad tv from Samsung and got it fixed and now no problems even after a year.聽 Same with Vizio as well.聽

I used their products for over 10 years and they were all cheap.

From joysticks, over gamepads to mice and keyboards. They might got better, but they're still overpriced for what they are.

I even had the G15 gaming keyboard and also tried their G19. Logitech has by far the worst build qualitly. Even most microsoft mice were better than what Logitech offered 5 years ago.

I haven't tried their newest line of products, but I would't wonder if that's also just cheap crap.

They're definitely better, just look at the cable for the g303, its this large rubber connector and a thick and flexible cable, super high build quality. g3032.png

As for overpriced for what they are... Well, thats a bit subjective but the g303 and g502 are the only mice in the world with the 3366 sensor, which is the best sensor in the world. And many mice are priced well above them, i think they could of gotten away with charging even more for them.聽 I will agree, that generally speaking gaming products give you less then what you could get with a non gaming product, because gaming products rely on a shit ton of marketing which is expensive and doesn't add anything to the product. So companies need to recoup that cost with higher margins. Because of this, I avoid gaming products when possible, my mouse and mousepad are my only gaming branded peripherals because there aren't non gaming mice and mouspads suitable for gaming. Even my Logitech IEMs are branded Ultimate Ears, I didn't even know they were part of Logitech until reading up on the company.

The missing key is a very weird issue but in regards to the loud backspace key, have you tried pressing other long & stabilized keys and see if they are at the same sound level? Could be an issue with the stabilizers. Could you also check if the backspace has an o-ring under the keycap?

...are the only mice in the world with the 3366 sensor...

Do you feel a difference between that sensor and any other gaming mouse sensor in the same price range from 5 years ago?

I don't.

My old Razer Diamondback works just as well as my current Razer DeathAdder and the DeathAdder is know for it's good optical sensor as it seems. I don't know, cause I don't give a fuck about sensors. They all feel the same for me.

who told you that nonsense?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

-snip-

. Even most microsoft mice were better than what Logitech offered 5 years ago.

-snip-

My logitech perphrieals are outlasting all of my microsoft ones. This is including mice and keyboards, nothing overly expensive or gamer oriented, but still not at the bottom end of either of those product offerings. Sure the products of my range don't feel expensive, but they don't feel cheap either.

Do you feel a difference between that sensor and any other gaming mouse sensor in the same price range from 5 years ago?

I don't.

My old Razer Diamondback works just as well as my current Razer DeathAdder and the DeathAdder is know for it's good optical sensor as it seems. I don't know, cause I don't give a fuck about sensors. They all feel the same for me.

I feel the difference between every sensor i try. The mlt04, the 3305dk, the S3888, the S3988, the 3090, the am010, the 3310, and 3366 all feel very different.

basically the newest sensors, the s3988, 3310, and 3366 are clearly the best at high speeds, with the 3366 being clearly the very best at high speeds. What is questionable is what is best at low speeds, with many people preferring older sensors such as the mlt04 at low speeds. Generally i would say as long as the mouse isn't suffering from smoothing, speed related variance, heavy prediction or jitter, the differences at low speeds are subjectively good or bad. Then depending on how you use your mice and how often you reach certain speeds, is the better performance at high speeds worth an upgrade. If you use a low sensitivity, probably, if you use a high sensitivity probably not. Counter strike though is very popular right now, and low sensitivity seems the way to go in that game, which is why upgrading is making a lot of sense for a lot of people imo.

I feel the difference between every sensor i try. The mlt04, the 3305dk, the S3888, the S3988, the 3090, the am010, the 3310, and 3366 all feel very different.

basically the newest sensors, the s3988, 3310, and 3366 are clearly the best at high speeds, with the 3366 being clearly the very best at high speeds. What is questionable is what is best at low speeds, with many people preferring older sensors such as the mlt04 at low speeds. Generally i would say as long as the mouse isn't suffering from smoothing, speed related variance, heavy prediction or jitter, the differences at low speeds are subjectively good or bad. Then depending on how you use your mice and how often you reach certain speeds, is the better performance at high speeds worth an upgrade. If you use a low sensitivity, probably, if you use a high sensitivity probably not. Counter strike though is very popular right now, and low sensitivity seems the way to go in that game, which is why upgrading is making a lot of sense for a lot of people imo.

Great that you feel a difference, I bet more than 97% of people won't feel it.

I don't even feel a difference between mouse with a laser sensor and an optical sensor.

Anyway, still I wouldn't buy anything from Logitech. It was only popular in Germany, because there wasn't really anything else.

Today Logitech has massive problems to keep themself alive here in Germany, because of other brands.

its cool, you can hold a grudge on Logitech if you want, i was pissed at them for awhile after i got the g400. I just pointing out that their build quality currently is quite good, and while gaming mice in general are at a little bit of a premium, their gaming mice is in line with the rest of the market, they're providing just as much if not more then most brands on the market do for the money.

Please tell me you prefer like Mionix or Roccat, and aren't slamming Logitech when you like Razer or Steelseries who clearly have far worse issues with quality then Logitech.

Bah, slip-ups are bound to happen from time to time, if one wants to hold a grudge instead of contacting customer support, so be it. I've been using Logitech mice as well as their gaming keyboard (G15, before my mechanical KB craze got the better of me) and they lasted for years.....YEARS! My G9 v1 acted up after I'd caused the cable to get frizzy, while my G15 was fully functional (after many years of service) when I retired it in favor of a Ducky Shine 2 keyboard more than two years back. It's still in my storeroom, and should be functional as it's well kept it in its original box. Right now, I'm using a Logitech G402, G502 and a Roccat Kone XTD.....no issue with any of 'em.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO聽| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |聽4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum聽| Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49"聽32:9 144Hz Freesync 2聽| Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE聽| Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS) |聽2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4聽|聽聽2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2