increase ASIC quality?

Colt_0pz

so i have a really nice gtx 970 windforce 3x but for some reason it has a low asic percentage at 61.1 percent. any ways to improve? i already tried to lower my overclock

No, it's hardware based. You can't modify it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

so i have a really nice gtx 970 windforce 3x but for some reason it has a low asic percentage at 61.1 percent. any ways to improve? i already tried to lower my overclock

ASIC quality is not something that can be changed it's specific to each individual chip. From what I've read higher ASIC readings means lower voltages are require to reach the specified base clocks which means it runs cooler/quieter. This can have an effect on overclocking since temps will most likely be the limiting factor not to mention Nvida's locked max core voltage.

ASIC quality is not something that can be changed it's specific to each individual chip. From what I've read higher ASIC readings means lower voltages are require to reach the specified base clocks which means it runs cooler/quieter. This can have an effect on overclocking since temps will most likely be the limiting factor not to mention Nvida's locked max core voltage.

i can unlock the core voltage in afterburner. is it supposed to be locked?

i can unlock the core voltage in afterburner. is it supposed to be locked?

You can unlock it for overclocking but even if you turn it up to the max core voltage which is+87mV on the Windforce G1 970 and it will not go over a certain voltage unless you install a hacked BIOS since Nvidia locked it as a safety thing to prevent people from dumping crazy amounts of power into it.

sell it and buy another

You can unlock it for overclocking but even if you turn it up to the max core voltage which is+87mV on the Windforce G1 970 and it will not go over a certain voltage unless you install a hacked BIOS since Nvidia locked it as a safety thing to prevent people from dumping crazy amounts of power into it.

i don't have the g1 gaming edition. just the regular windforce 3x card

i don't have the g1 gaming edition. just the regular windforce 3x card

That may be also why the ASIC quality is lower, I don't believe they bin the chips on the windforce 970 (OC edition) like they do with the G1. nevertheless locked max voltage is throughout all the Nvidia 970 and 980 Maxwell cards.

That may be also why the ASIC quality is lower, I don't believe they bin the chips on the windforce 970 (OC edition) like they do with the G1. nevertheless locked max voltage is throughout all the Nvidia 970 and 980 Maxwell cards.

ok. i can change the gpu out much later down the road

My GTX 970 G1 Gaming has a score not much better than 60%, so I personally don't believe Gigabyte bin the GPU's at all.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

My GTX 970 G1 Gaming has a score not much better than 60%, so I personally don't believe Gigabyte bin the GPU's at all.

I have a score of 80% on mine, they should be theoretically better binned chips. Other have gotten great overclocking on the 970 G1 Gaming in general, but it's still the silicon lottery in terns of how far it can OC.

I have a score of 80% on mine, they should be theoretically better binned chips. Other have gotten great overclocking on the 970 G1 Gaming in general, but it's still the silicon lottery in terns of how far it can OC.

Mines binned well if I was an LN2 overclcocker, I'll put it that way.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL