What should I upgrade first?

couple of questions for ya. So I have an i5 4690k at 4(3.9)ghz and an r9 290 graphics card. I am torn between getting the gtx 970  because I want shadowplay for my youtube because fraps and obs just take a big hit on my computer during bf4 or a proper gaming monitor because I am using an ips monitor and a tv. I

Get a better monitor, and get msi afterburner and use their video capture, in my experience it gives the least performance hit.

Your fine but you would have to be crazy to get a 970 if you already have a 290 I say get another for cf if your only gaming then keep the 4690k

u don't really need to upgrade anything ur pc is better than mine and i can record perfectly fine get dxtory there really isnt much of a performance hit and also if you really are wanting to upgrade your GPU wait for the next series to come out first

Your fine but you would have to be crazy to get a 970 if you already have a 290 I say get another for cf if your only gaming then keep the 4690k

called a teenager with money. :)

Get a better monitor, and get msi afterburner and use their video capture, in my experience it gives the least performance hit.

Never thought of using that. I will try it. well what about an I7 I do a lot of youtube stuff.

u don't really need to upgrade anything ur pc is better than mine and i can record perfectly fine get dxtory there really isnt much of a performance hit and also if you really are wanting to upgrade your GPU wait for the next series to come out first

do you know when that will happen? or have anyIdea.

do you know when that will happen? or have anyIdea.

i have no idea mate but i am sure it wont be to long 

called a teenager with money. :)

no what I'm saying is the difference between one 290 and a 970 is marginal two 290s would tear the 970 a new asshole