Is $400 doable for this system?

79wjd
It's in pretty much perfect condition. I'm mainly expecting the buyer to be someone who really likes Alienware/wants an Alienware case

Specs:

Q6700 

stock-ish cooler (not capable of overclocking -- at least not very far) 

EVGA nforce 680i SLI (one of the better/best oc'g boards)

4gb DDR2 RAM (4x1gb sticks)

Newton Power 750w psu (capable of delivery 700w across four 12v rails) 

Alienware Area-51 Case with blue LED lighting (Original style) 

8800GTS

750gb HDD

dual optical drives including Blu-ray reader/writer

Windows XP

Zx1Vt6C.jpg

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Short answer... No.

I think yes. It still is a good platform.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I think it can just need to find the right buyer

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

As long as they know their hardware expect to get a quarter of your asking price.

I'll be honest and say no.

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

As long as they know their hardware expect to get a quarter of your asking price.

If you knew your hardware you would never have posted something like that. 

I think yes. It still is a good platform.

I think it can just need to find the right buyer

Yeah, that's basically what I'm expecting...I'm hoping to find someone who really wants an Alienware system/case.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

pretty sure i can build a brand new system for $400 that's more powerful.

also, have you seen scrapyard wars? their system were a couple times more powerful for $100 less. 

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

pretty sure i can build a brand new system for $400 that's more powerful.

also, have you seen scrapyard wars? their system were a couple times more powerful for $100 less.

They also used cheap/shitty OEM boards/psus/cases. Not to mention the average person on Craigslist isn't the smartest one around. Also, a couple times more powerful? gpu-wise, no question...cpu-wise, not so much. Plus they also didn't pick up a blu-ray drive/burner (which some people do care about).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

i will buy your system but i will junk that Alienware case :P

just not my taste

i needed a nVidia board and the ebay market has them at crazy prices

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

They also used cheap/shitty OEM boards/psus/cases. Not to mention the average person on Craigslist isn't the smartest one around. Also, a couple times more powerful? gpu-wise, no question...cpu-wise, not so much. Plus they also didn't pick up a blu-ray drive/burner (which some people do care about).

well if you just wanted to rip off inexperienced buyers on craigslist why did you bother asking a forum full of techies?

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

i needed a nVidia board

and the ebay market has them at crazy prices

Why and why?

well if you just wanted to rip off inexperienced buyers on craigslist why did you bother asking a forum full of techies?

Because I expected useful answers -- which yours clearly wasn't seeing as you blatantly overlooked several specs, which make it a pretty poor comparison with scrapyard wars.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Why and why?

i got a QX6800 and Q6600 to play with silly :P

didnt you saw my 2 build logs on the LGA775?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i got a QX6800 and Q6600 to play with silly :P

didnt you saw my 2 build logs on the LGA775?

I don't pay much attention to the forums these days...no time/too frustrating these days.

So why an Nvidia board?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't pay much attention to the forums these days...no time/too frustrating these days.

So why an Nvidia board?

i am trying to push the FSB of the chips but the RAM is holding me back

nVidia board have the feature to un-chain the RAM from the FSB

so your RAM can still rock at DDR2 800 while your FSB can hit above 1600MHz

i am trying to push the FSB of the chips but the RAM is holding me back

nVidia board have the feature to un-chain the RAM from the FSB

so your RAM can still rock at DDR2 800 while your FSB can hit above 1600MHz

Gotcha, $400 for it :P

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

i pay 350 at most because of that case

i mean ew gross

If only Xeons didn't have problems on 680i based motherboards......

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

i pay 350 at most because of that case

i mean ew gross

:(

If only Xeons didn't have problems on 680i based motherboards......

What problems? 

Check me out....getting a whole education on LGA775 shit....and I'm only 8 years late. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

:(

What problems? 

Check me out....getting a whole education on LGA775 shit....and I'm only 8 years late. 

Apparently the chipset has FSB issues with them.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL