school computer experiences

Pony080905

at my school they have lenovo R61's they are terribly slow, i know that they are old

but what makes them really slow is the fake that they have 1.5GB of ram and a 64Bit version of windows 7, they originally came with windows xp the school "upgraded" them.

they also have celeron 540 cpus

do you guys have any experiences  like this 

they also have the keyboard nipple

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

We have old Lenovo PC's with "i5's" at my college, but they have the network setup some weird way so everything is farking slow no matter what you do.

my school had a bunch of new iMacs everywhere with bootcamped windows 7 enterprise and mac os. Internet is faster then my internet sometimes..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

My high school's PC's were terrible.

My current school's PC's have i7 3770 and 650 Ti's in them with 12-16GB RAM :')

EDIT: we usually have 800Mb upload and download too. But sometimes the connection is terrible..

And they 'only' have a HDD..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

We're using Dell Wyse thin clients to connect using RDP to VMs on overdedicated servers. 6 of them, each has 240GB of RAM and some old Xeon. 1.5GB per VM.

Sig under construction.

We have BYOD at our school, so no.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

my school had a bunch of new iMacs everywhere with bootcamped windows 7 enterprise and mac os. Internet is faster then my internet sometimes..

my school also does that

“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

We had core 2 duo 8300s (2gb ram), and some old laptops with vista, now we have some i3-4130's with 4gb of ram. No GPUs, and also mainly 5:4 monitors

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

My current school has Dell inspirons that take 30 minutes to boot.. 

On some i can't access the school server to get to my assignments and on others word isn't even activated.

Getting a personal laptop for next year.. Fuck those Dells

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

We have old Lenovo PC's with "i5's" at my college, but they have the network setup some weird way so everything is farking slow no matter what you do.

This

Storyofmylife

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

One time, we were doing Photoshop in school, and a friend asked me a question on how to do something (I forget what it was exactly) I told him to press "f12" and he then proceeds to press three different buttons at the same time, "f" "1" and "2." I face-palmed so hard I got a headache.  

RIG: CPU: i5 6600k @4.8GHz 1.34v  CPU Cooler: H100i  Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR  RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 2400 (2x8GB)

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 2TB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB/PNY 240GB  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  PSU: EVGA G2 650W

Please use PcPartPicker, and paste the "BB" code when posting your build!

We have some shitty hp pre-builts that might as well have a pentium ii in them xD

they are beyond bad.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The PCs in the rooms I use are i7 4820Ks but the library "plebeian" PCs are i3 4130s.

But if you want to use some apps you have to go through thin client which well... yea, not so good.

My university got i7 4770 in the engineering labs which was a surprise to me but it are slow as shit loading up programs.

probably need better harddrives or a ssd

<'All fields in my day'   mode>

When my school got the computer (The Edinburgh high school's computer) it was one half day a month and it used a card reader, and it had no monitor, and...

</mode off>

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

My high school's PC's were terrible.

My current school's PC's have i7 3770 and 650 Ti's in them with 12-16GB RAM :')

EDIT: we usually have 800Mb upload and download too. But sometimes the connection is terrible..

And they 'only' have a HDD..

My school thinks Athlon B22s on integrated graphics with some that artifact like a bitch, 4GB of DDR2, and PIRATED 64bit Windows 7 Professional are high end and top of the line... Just noo....

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

its weird, cause its a distributed computing system. Alll there is, is a box about the size of 3ds, and cables out of it. when i check the specs, it says a 18 core xeon, with 2 gb of ram available but MUCH more inserted into to them. all running windows 7 and very slow

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

My school thinks Athlon B22s on integrated graphics with some that artifact like a bitch, 4GB of DDR2, and PIRATED 64bit Windows 7 Professional are high end and top of the line... Just noo....

Oh god.. That's terrible.

Guess I am lucky that my school actually bought all those licenses and stuff.. And we have all Adobe and Office programs too.. But often the Unity3D installs/keys are broken..  <_<

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

at my university you can find really weird things but the most common are i5 with 8 gigs of ram and w8.1, there's also a room with macs (although i've never been in there). 

The best way to measure the quality of a piece of code is "Oh F*** "s per line

Is it not for the fact that all the programs are actually ran over the network, making it appear slow but the computer is probably quite fast? That is how my uni does it. 

at my university you can find really weird things but the most common are i5 with 8 gigs of ram and w8.1, there's also a room with macs (although i've never been in there). 

they swapped all of the library pc with macs

I think it's not even that, I think they used a master license for the programs and it takes the key or information from the server so that may be the issue. My laptop, when it had a hard drive in it was faster at launching the same program than their computers.  :mellow:

Well last year my school had VERY OLD Dell Optiplex's Running XP. This year we have...get ready... CHROMEBOOKS!! Acer C720 Chromebooks to be precise. I am using 1 of 2 dell latitude 13's at school that everyone abandoned (so its basically mine) another teacher uses the other one. We are now getting Dell Chromebooks because the Acer ones aren't very durable.

Numbre